This position is based in Lowell, MA and will report to the Woodworking Program Manager. This is part-time position, 20-25 hours/week.
The Woodworker is a key member of the production team for UTEC’s woodshop, which primarily manufactures cutting boards and salad tongs.
UTEC is a nonprofit organization serving proven-risk young adults. The woodshop provides an employment opportunity and job training platform for young adults in our Workforce program. The Woodworker will not be responsible for oversight of the program or young adults, but will be working alongside the young adults and may need to provide coaching as it relates to production and safety.
The Woodworkers’ primary responsibility is to meet daily/weekly production goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Meet individual daily and weekly production goals, as directed by daily work logs and production schedule
• Serve as a role model to young adults including adhering to safety requirements, operational procedures, and work ethic
• Maintain clean, safe, and organized work space
• Assist with training on safety and production procedures as needed
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred, but not required
• 2+ years work experience
• Experience with basic woodworking preferred, but not required
• Open to feedback and professional development; consistent desire to learn
• Comfortable working in a diverse environment
• Ability to lead by example
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Capable of lifting 50lbs
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected].