In my free Facebook group I find member’s biggest challenge is knowing where to start with creating books. So, I created this simple journal tutorial on Facebook live today. Below are the instructions and a link to the video.
- Fold your pages into a signature, making sure the grain runs parallel to the spine
- For help, check out this post: 9 Tips for Creating Awesome Book Pages
- Measure the height and width of the signature
- Cut heavy cover paper the same height at the signature and 4 times the width
- Fold book cover in half
- Open signature to the center and mark 4 sewing holes, the 1st hole at 1/2″ or 25mm from top, 4th hole 1/2″ or 25mm from the bottom and the remaining 2 stitches are spaced evenly
- Nest the signature inside the cover, place in punching cradle and punch through 4 marked sewing holes
- Thread a needle with a piece of waxed thread that measures 3 times the height of the book
- Starting on the inside of the book, exit hole #2 to the front
- Enter hole #3 and exit hole #4
- Re-enter hole #3 and skip over hole #2
- Enter hole #1 from inside to outside
- Re-enter hole #2 and tie off with a square knot where you started
- Fold in the two side covers
- Mark and cut slits for ribbon in the center fold on the front and back covers
- Thread ribbon through covers slits and underneath the signature in the center of the book
- Admire and use your journal!
FREE JOURNAL CLASS
Create a fun long stitch journal in less than one hour in this free online class - a great beginner project!
Visit https://vintagepagedesigns.com/ for more!