7 Willie Street, Lowell, MA 01854.
• Passionate about solving real-world data driven analytical problems and delivering valuable insights.
• Currently, working as a Data Analyst at The Office of Strategic Analysis and Data Management, UML.
• 2+ years of experience as an Innovation Analyst at Ernst & Young, India.
• Expert-level experience in Data Science and Visualization tools (R, Python, MySQL, Tableau).
• Hands-on experience in building and implementing predictive models.
• Ability to work with teams of Data Analysts during all stages of Projects.
Master of Science, Business Analytics (3.8/4) June 2018
University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science Engineering May 2013
University of Kerala, India
Programming – Python, R, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Apache Spark.
Machine learning techniques - Classification, Regression, Association, Clustering, ANN, CNN.
Software- IBM SPSS Modeller, Weka, Tableau, MS Access, MS Excel.
Created and Implemented social media strategies for “Trip is Life” a travel company with 885K FB followers
• Analysed social performance, tracked content sharing and measured social conversion which helped in increasing the engagement rate by 20%.
• Identified key contributors and most influential members for partnering and executing new outreach strategies.
• Worked with creative teams and digital communities during creative development for campaigns.
Developed a Statistical Model to predict the revenue of a Movie based on TMDB dataset using R.
• Applied various statistical methods such as MLR, Best subset selection, Ridge Regression, Lasso to find the factors affecting the revenue of a movie.
• The model can be used by Movie Production houses to make insightful decisions.
• Data cleaning and pre-processing was carried out using MySQL and R.
• Lasso achieved lowest MSE with lambda value: 0.995.
Formulated a Customer segmentation model for a Retail Store using Python
• K-means clustering algorithm was used to segment the customers based on various criteria.
• Different Customer prototypes were developed to provide targeted Marketing campaigns.
• A cluster of five groups were developed and plotted their buying behaviour/patterns.
• The outcome of the model can be used to perform promotion, pricing and distribution of products.
Development of a Deep Neural Network for Predicting Customer Churn Rates in a Bank.
• Deep Neural net algorithm was carried out in Python using Keras framework.
• Model was developed using customer churn rate data from past 6 months.
• Measured the rate of risk by identifying the max. likelihood of each customers leaving the bank.
• An Accuracy of 86.35% was obtained after modelling.
Data Analyst, The Office of Strategic Analysis and Data Management, UML. 09/2017 - current
• Developed and presented meaningful insights by designing and creating dashboards of student data using Tableau Desktop.
• Automated the task of performing incremental updates to the existing database in MS Access using VBA Macros and SQL queries which reduced 20 hours of monthly work to less than half an hour.
Innovation Analyst, Ernst and Young, India. 03/2013 to 12/2015
• In-house private cloud implementation using OpenStack and providing a platform to help clients in implementing ideas and testing them in physical world.
• Architected and implemented a VoIP telephony network infrastructure within the organization which helps in optimizing operations and efficiency of network solution.
• Utilised Cloud and Big Data solutions for implementing various Business Strategies.
• Worked with clients in delivering exceptional results and quantifiable improvements in metrics such as productivity, cost, quality and time-to-market.
• Gathered information, analysed data, performed top class benchmarks and recommended deep insights into business technologies to develop performance improvements for client services and products.
• ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) v3 certified Professional.
• Top 10 @2017 Annual DifferenceMaker $50k Idea Challenge.
• Won first place in Engineering Prototyping competition held at Francis College of Engineering in 2016.
• Top 5 in Annual Creative Venture Competition 2016 @FAHSS, UML.
• An active member of UML Student Research Symposium.
• Participated in various PhD Dissertation Defense at Manning School of Business, Lowell.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. License: GR750110909RR
• R Basics: Udemy course certificate
• Python A-Z: Udemy course certificate
• The complete SQL bootcamp: Udemy course certificate
• Machine Learning A-Z: Udemy course certificate
• Tableau A-Z: Udemy course certificate
• Girish Ramakrishna email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Solutions Architect, mob: +1 (424) 306 - 9419
Ernst and Young, US.
• Aashish Jain email: aashish[email protected]uml.edu
System Analyst, mob: +1(978) 934 - 2501
The office of Strategic Analysis and Data Management, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA, US.
• Dr. Asil Oztekin email: email@example.com
University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA, US.