John J. Murphy
14 Depot Street, Westford, MA 01886 cell: (978) 888-1107 email: [email protected]
· Outstanding interpersonal skills along with high motivation to engage, sell and achieve.
· 10+ years’ experience in Business Development, Sales and Account Management.
· Superb verbal and written communication skills with ability to engage at all levels of business or tech.
· Extremely creative with experience creating own marketing plans both traditional and social media based.
· Cold Calling CRM Marketing Social Media
· Relationship Management Account Management Upselling Presentations
Logan Data, Inc. – Westford, MA May – Nov 2019
· Research and aggressively prospect to develop new business through networking and cold calling.
· Establish relationships and create appointments to engage in a discovery call or a demo.
· Design and implement marketing campaigns in New England area through email and live events.
· Regularly attend technical Meetup events, along with industry specific tech events in New England.
· Foster and grow relationships with multiple verticals.
· Design and implement a strategic territory plan that expands company’s customer base.
NetBrain Technologies – Burlington, MA
Account Executive 2015-2019
· Average close time for deals 6 months in a standard 2 year sales cycle.
· Consistent leader for the in all key metrics.
· Exceeded conversion rate from discovery call to next steps.
· Develop and execute sales strategies to close enterprise organizations around the globe
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
· Utilized interpersonal skills and technical knowledge to effectively demonstrate and close enterprise deals including British Telecom, Fujitsu and Royal Bank of Scotland.
· Provide guidance throughout the sales process tackling the customer challenges through NetBrain use cases.
· Create and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations, in an effective manor, to internal and external customers.
· Consistently led SE team in number of demonstrations averaged monthly.
Akamai Technologies, Cambridge, MA
Provisioning Manager, Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) 2010-2014
· Directed 150 server deployment projects to Data Centers in the EMEA region
· Managed entry of all data relating to project into Siebel and provide weekly update to senior management
· Administered deployment and communicate power/outlet details of new Akamai racks to dependent Engineering groups
· Ordered and tracked cross connects from 10G + uplinks to and between Akamai racks
· Procured ipv4 and ipv6 blocks from internal network architecture as well as bandwidth providers
Comtel Group, Waltham, MA
Senior Account Manager 2007-2010
· Analyze prospect Telecom invoicing and make recommendations for voice and data service.
· Order and track bandwidth circuitry and manage delivery to customer prem.
· Manage vendor performance from POP availability through delivery and turn-up of service.
· Responsible for all project management and provisioning of new, and upgrades to existing voice and data network customers.
· Manage vendor performance during outages and drive escalations on behalf of customer.
· Responsible for largest upgrade in Comtel history, increasing customer monthly invoice by 233%.
Education: Northeastern University Boston, Ma.
Bachelor of Arts - English