Nathan R. Boudreau
110 Kendall Pond Road West • Gardner, MA • 01440 • (978) 807-0829 • [email protected]
Clark University May 2021 - Anticipated
Master’s in Public Administration – Senior Leadership
Suffolk University / Massachusetts Municipal Association June 2017
Master’s Certificate in Municipal Management and Leadership
American International College May 2012
Bachelor’s Degree of Arts
Criminal Justice and Political Science
City of Marlborough
Executive Aide to the Mayor August 2019 - Present
- In this Chief of Staff equivalent position in the Office of the Mayor of Marlborough, the chief executive officer in the City (pop.40,000), I manage all functions of the Mayor’s office including policy development and implementation, department oversight, budgeting, media relations, grant writing/management, and constituent services. Additionally, I am tasked with maintaining working relationships with the City Council as well as State and Federal partners and working on union contracts, grievances, and issues in coordination with the City’s Human Resources Office.
City of Gardner
City Councilor November 2013 – Present
- In this elected position, I am tasked with making legislative decisions as a member of an 11-person body on various community issues, including public safety, infrastructure, development, funding, and the public-school system. Directly correspond with other elected and appointed officials to effectively assist approximately 20,000 constituents. Work collectively on an annual $53,000,000 municipal operating budget.
Public Service Committee, Chair January 2015 - Present
- Serve as Committee Chair of a committee charged with evaluating, overseeing, and reporting on matters relating to the Public Works Department and its divisions (Highway, Sewer, Water, Parks, Cemeteries, and Forestry), the Conservation Commission, Municipal Grounds Commission, Engineering and Survey Department, and the Flood Plain. I am one of four Committee Chairs serving as a direct liaison to the City Council, and our constituents.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Massachusetts State Senate
Chief of Staff, Office of State Senator Dean A. Tran December 2017 – August 2019
- In this managerial role, I was tasked with overseeing the administration of the office, managing long-term legislative plans, and the management and supervision of six full-time employees and four interns. I served as principal liaison to Senate Counsel, Senate President, as well as local, state, and federal partners. Served as an ex-officio member of the joint committees on Transportation, Municipalities and Regional Government, State Administration and Regulatory Oversight, and Intergovernmental Affairs. Responsible for all strategic public communications operations, including press releases, social media efforts, outreach initiatives and website content.
Town of Shirley
Executive Aide and Benefits Coordinator August 2015 – December 2017
- Managing day-to-day budgetary, policy, and constituent services operations of the Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator. I directed the Senior Work Off, Community Development Permitting, Housing Rehabilitation, licensure, purchasing, and Civil Enforcement programs within the municipality. Assisted in the creation of Town Meeting Warrants, Fiscal Year Budget, Annual Town Report, prepared and managed all accounts budgetary accounts under the Board of Selectmen, and served as the Town's Public Information and Records Officer. Additionally, I performed duties as the Human Resources Officer for the Town in interviews, terminations, union negotiations, benefit administration, and personnel record keeping.
House of Peace and Education (HOPE)
Teen Hope Coordinator / Hope for Women Instructor April 2013 - July 2014
- During my time with this Gardner based non-profit, I planned and implemented a daily after school program designed to offer academic, cultural, and social support, as well as goal achievement to teens in grades 6-8. Additionally, I instructed a daily 9-week computer course for women in low-income situations on necessary professional computer and interview skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, professional social media, and resume building.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Massachusetts House of Representatives
Legislative Aide to Representatives Bastien and Smola September 2011 - April 2013
- Assist in all staff, budget, policy, constituent, media, and office related issues for the Office. Build rapport with members of different offices and municipalities to create healthy relationships.
Memberships, Volunteer Organizations and Licenses
- Notary Public – Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Worcester County Reserve Deputy Sheriffs Association – Member