Laura Startzenbach, MBA, BSEE, PMP
Greater Boston area 508-797-2508
Experienced marketing leader with distinct ability to quickly analyze complex market challenges, distill into succinct and targeted opportunities, develop action plans and ruthlessly execute. Combine engineering and business knowledge with product management and product marketing experience to bring disruptive technology products to market.
Marketing, Product Management and Business Skills
- Experience in global marketing/business roles for large (Fortune 50) and small (<100 employee) technology companies spanning 3D printing, IT enterprise infrastructure computing, and consumer medical devices.
- Energetic senior marketing manager with extensive experience in developing fully integrated digital and traditional marketing and business plans that help companies grow revenue, market share, and profitability.
- Organized self-starter and effective product manager, well versed in all phases of the total product lifecycle from ideation and new product introduction (NPI), through launch and go to market (GTM) to product retirement.
- Exceptional communicator with ability to translate complex or abstract ideas into meaningful information; adroit at writing; a dynamic public speaker who has capably represented the company to external stakeholders.
- Animated leader with outstanding interpersonal skills that encourage collaboration across teams and regions; an exceptional ability to create soundness and results amid chaos and/or disorder.
Solidscape®, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Stratasys, Inc. (NASDAQ: SSYS), is the leader in high precision 3D printers for direct manufacturing applications, serving customers in over 80 countries.
Product Marketing and Product Management Director (Sept 2016 – Feb 2018)
Product Marketing Manager (Jan 2015 – Sept 2016)
- Developed and executed the global 3D printer marketing strategy – digital and traditional – based on customer lifecycle journey, across multiple channels (direct, indirect), multiple geographies (US, EMEA, APAC), and multiple communication platforms.
- Generated research-based customer personas and segmented marketing campaigns that drove sales conversion. Implemented strategy through SEO-optimized website, digital ad campaigns (Google Adwords, Facebook), robust social media. Executed digital campaigns with Marketo, synchronized with Salesforce and measured using ROI and KPIs.
- Collaborated with engineering to formalize the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and develop the multi-year product roadmap for growth, innovation, new markets. Delivered Market Requirements Documents (MRD) based on market research, voice of the customer, and competitive intelligence.
- Launched three new 3D printers, two new 3D printing precision materials and a new digital workflow software product that is 3D printing enabled – all in 2017, on schedule, within budget.
- Digital inbound results: increased new users by 11% Y-o-Y (very high for niche market)
- Digital outbound campaigns: increased campaign response by 25% Q-o-Q with 16% conversion rate
Philips Lifeline, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), is the #1 consumer medical alert service, serving more than 7 million U.S. subscribers for over 40 years.
Product Manager (contract)
- Drove New Product Introductions (NPI) and product retirement for US and Canada select medical monitoring products. Conducted competitive research; defined Market Requirement Documents (MRD) and Product Requirement Documents (PRD); developed business case.
- Three products successfully retired; one new monitoring product defined and launched
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) is an industry leading global technology company with a comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications.
Marketing, Analyst/Media Relations – Global Services & Solutions (2008 – 2012)
- Developed global messaging, positioning and content for $10B+ technology services & solutions group. Created “smart grid” thought leadership campaign using traditional and social media. Collaborated with field sales teams to leverage industry analyst reports as part of the deal bid-win process.
- 38% sales growth in top utility industry accounts
- Recognized as a “Smart Grid Leader” by IDC Energy Insights
- #1 Share of Voice (measured with internal sentiment formula).
Product Marketing – Global Services & Solutions (2002 – 2008)
- Developed strategy, value propositions, and go-to-market programs for enterprise vertical industry solutions (ERP/supply chain; RFID; PLM; smart grid; retail). Created all marketing collateral, web and social media content, trade shows, PR, launch events and sales training materials. Simplified website and utilized keywords (SEO) to improve website traffic.
- Rebranded and launched new $10B technology services portfolio using social media exclusively.
- Researched the market and competitive landscape for executive management solution portfolio rationalization.
- Increased services revenues 17% (2x market growth rate) and 50% increase for Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Supply Chain Management solution #6 in page views; RFID solution in the “top 30” page views.
- Reached over 30,000 target global customers with social media launch
- Reprioritized solutions investment on higher value/return segments.
Additional Relevant Experience
- Marketing – Channels & Alliances
- Product Marketing (vertical industry solutions – manufacturing, utilities)
- Product Manager (industrial computer)
- Channels Marketing Program Management
Education & Professional Certifications
Master of Business Administration – Babson College, Wellesley, MA
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering – Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute
ITSMA Marketing Excellence Award 2011 - Marketing with Social Media
HP Marketing Excellence Award 2006 – HP Supply Chain Monopoly