Theresa L. David
(978) 828-9781 email@example.com LinkedIn: theresaldavid
Results focused Controller performing month and year ends, budgets, audits, forecasting, data analysis and financial reporting for small and mid-sized companies. Energetic achiever with proven problem solving skills. Ability to focus and motivate staff to improve efficiency of the Accounting Department. Excellent communicator and able to work cross departmentally to identify and timely report key metrics.
Volunteer 2016 – Present Somerville Homeless Coalition, Inc., Somerville, MA
Form 5500 and IRS filings for company’s 401(k) plan unfiled for the past six years.
Accounting & Policy Manual.
Controller 2014 – 2015 Educate Online, Inc., Danvers, MA
Planned, coordinated and transitioned all accounting functions from MD to MA.
Brought company back into compliance with multiple states by filing annual reports and other LLC filings.
During a challenging year (4 CFO’s) able to manage and incorporate all changes while still meeting deadlines.
Controller 2014 – 2014 Brox Industries, Inc., Dracut, MA
During the companies peak season (1.2K sales tickets per pay) the billing department turned over. I designed a training manual which documented the processes of this department. We were then able to maintain the company’s billing close cycle.
Hired to provide guidance to nine direct reports in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Inventory functions within the Accounting Department. Coached staff to improve the flow of processes within these functions.
Within two months of hire coordinated the transfer of accounting software onto the company’s new server. Eliminated risk due to old server’s instability.
Controller 2005 – 2014 Clark & Reid Company, Inc., Billerica, MA
Managed and provided support for the annual audit. Reduced on site work of Auditors by 50% within my first year of hire.
Managed Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Human Resources functions for the company. Reduced time spent on payroll processing by 33% by writing reports using Ceridian report writing software to automate some reporting functions.
Acted as interim CFO during a medical leave of absence lasting three months.
Theresa L. David firstname.lastname@example.org (978) 828-9781 Page 2 of 2
Controller 2004 – 2005 Grand Wireless Corporate Office, Billerica, MA
Performed monthly and year-end closings for company.
Planned and organized year-end physical inventory and audit for company.
Performed variance analysis and report results to company President.
SOX Auditor 2004 – 2004 The Boston Globe, Boston, MA
Temporary assignment performed Sarbanes-Oxley testing for The Boston Globe as part of The New York Times organization. Tested compliance for Globe Specialties, a wholly owned subsidiary, and the single copy Circulation Department.
SOX Documenter 2004 – 2004 Watsco, Inc. Headquartered in Coconut Grove, FL
Temporary assignment prepared Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for the company’s Wilmington, MA subsidiary.
Vice President Finance 2003 – 2004 Heat Incorporated, LLC Hudson, NH
Organized, developed and forwarded our subsidiary reports to Watsco, Inc. corporate headquarters for quarterly and annual public filings (10Q and 10K).
Managed all accounting and credit functions for this company.
Assisted in a computer conversion from Next Gen to Mincron Software.
Chief Financial Officer 1998 – 2002 Santin Engineering, Inc. Peabody, MA
Controller 1996 – 1998
Company was in severe financial distress when hired. My actions brought the company back from the brink of financial disaster to profitability within one year of hire through sound business decisions.
Planned, organized and responsible for annual CPA review process. Reduced on-site review time by 80% within a year of my hiring.
Streamlined payroll function for the company. Decreased hours spent on this task by 67%.
Master’s in Business Administration Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
Beta Gamma Sigma – Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Part Time MBA Outstanding Student Award – Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Kathleen M. Boutot
59 Ponemah Hill Road, Bldg. 1-204
Milford, NH 03055
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION ANALYST
Dedicated and detailed-oriented professional with background in benefits management and compensation initiatives, providing cost effective programs designed to attract and retain top talent. Exceptional ability to organize, set priorities and complete multiple projects within established deadlines. Collaborative partner with strong analytic skills and effective communication in establishing successful partnerships with all levels of organization.
Successfully converted performance management program to competencies and goals-based automated system; introduced systems and pay-for-performance philosophy to executive management. Created employee/management training and communication plans for implementation at local site. Program subsequently adopted by corporate U.S. operations.
Established new employee benefit programs, including welfare and defined benefit/contribution plans, as a result of company buy-out. Exercised significant role in development of new plans; requiring close collaboration with coverage providers and corporate legal counsel, including design of plans and documents. Successfully implemented all plans, including all plan documents in compliance with governing laws and regulations, within the first year.
Converted from managed-care to consumer-driven health plan philosophy as a result of corporate-wide initiative for site. Introduced new plans to employees and management through instructive presentations, and development of educational material, including data supporting necessity for conversion to consumer-driven philosophy.
Led site in conversion from activities-based to outcomes-based wellness philosophy, creating program informational material and employee communication plan (used corporate-wide), resulting in improved employee satisfaction with program requirements.
Elbit Systems of America, Merrimack, NH 2005 - 2015
Owned by Elbit Systems Ltd., international leading provider of high-performance products and system solutions with operations in New Hampshire, Alabama, Florida, Texas and Virginia.
Senior Benefits and Compensation Analyst
Provided analytic and administrative function to develop, implement, manage and administer benefits and compensation programs and policies. Responsible for corporate performance management program, including system configuration, maintenance, employee/management training.
Designed, evaluated and modified benefits programs/policies to ensure current, compliant and competitive.
Performed feasibility studies, analysis, and surveys ensuring programs aligned with market trends.
Researched, interpreted and ensured compliance with federal and state regulations including HIPAA, COBRA, ACA and FMLA. Managed New Hampshire Workers’ Compensation program.
Administered benefit plans including medical/wellness program, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, section 125 plan, short and long-term disability insurance, defined contribution and defined benefit plans. Managed corporate executive 409a plan for all locations.
Coordinated company-wide employee meetings, open enrollments, annual biometric screenings, flu shot clinics. Provided guidance/advice to other locations’ Human Resources staff.
Professional Experience (continued)
Managed actuaries, vendors and legal counsel for Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan Form 5500's and nondiscrimination testing for welfare, defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Point of contact for defined benefit/contribution plan nondiscrimination and accounting audits.
Kollsman, Inc., Merrimack, NH 1985 - 2005
Leading manufacturer of avionics, electro-optic systems for commercial, military markets and medical instruments systems contractor.
Benefits and Compensation Analyst, 2005
Promoted into position, performing professional level analytic and administrative functions to develop, implement, manage/administer company benefits and compensation programs and policies.
Benefits and Compensation Administrator, 1994 - 2005
Promoted into position to provide benefits service and assistance in interpreting benefits and compensation guidelines and policies. Administer benefit programs in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Senior Personnel Assistant, 1985 - 1994
Personnel Assistant - Benefits
Responsible for organizing and processing benefits information and providing benefits service to employees.
Education & Professional Development
Lockton Dunning: Health Reform and Compliance, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA Reporting
Ceridian: ACA, COBRA, Employee/Manager Self-Service, Benefits Open Enrollment
SAP SuccessFactors: Human Capital Management, Performance Management, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Analysis and Design, Succession Planning
Institute for Personal Development: Benefits & the Law
Lorman: Workers Compensation Law Seminars/Workshops
New Hampshire Department of Labor: Labor Laws Seminars
Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green: Annual Employment Law Update Seminars
Uhas Computer Training, LLC: Basic/Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel
New Horizons: Basic/Advanced Microsoft Excel
Graduate, Mascenic Regional High School, New Ipswich, NH
Human Resource Affiliations/Memberships
Human Resources Association of Greater Concord
Greater Nashua Human Resources Association
New Hampshire Employee Benefits Council
Manchester Area Human Resources Association
Southern New Hampshire Survey Group
New England Employee Benefits Council
Society for Human Resource Management
Ceridian Human Resources Information System
Success Factors Performance Management System
Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Sandhya M. Karajgi (603) 494-3026 s email@example.com
Senior Financial Accountant & Analyst
Experienced Accounting Professional with a demonstrated history of successfully managing all daily facets of organizational financial efforts. A strong communicator who interacts effectively with staff at every level of the organization. Expertise in streamlining processes and reporting for cost reduction and time savings. A proven ability to identify key risks for internal control purposes as well as compliance. A critical thinker with the ability to find solutions to problems.
General Ledger s Financial Accounting s Comprehensive Analysis
Budgeting s Reporting s Planning
Statutory & GAAP Compliance s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) s Managing Closings
Senior Accountant (Consultant position) - Statutory & Financial Reporting 8/2015-12/2015
Enel Green Power North America, Andover, MA
- Prepared financial statements & supported Manager preparing analysis over the landowner payments for all entities.
- Prepared accounting principles GAAP analysis (IFRS & USGAAP). Prepared standalone financial statements report to be provided to company’s partners. Performed analysis & prepared reports over the tax partnerships revenues for each closing period.
- Assisted with Audit requests. Provided assistance with the Treasury Dept Project in uploading the monthly activity into SAP, check clearing. Identified discrepancies, researched & found resolutions. Prepared & uploaded necessary entries into SAP.
Accounting/Finance Consultant - Dodd Frank – Regulatory Reporting Automation 10/2014 – 4/2015
TD Band, Bedford, NH
- Reviewed, researched and found resolution for edit check failures & RAID items.
- Reviewed & verified the mapping logic & worked with FWGs to resolve any questions & prepared the Audit Matrix.
Senior Staff Accountant (Consultant position) BPC Implementation Project 9/2013 – 12/2013
Bruker Corporation (Manufacturing – Scientific Instruments) Billerica, MA
- Reconciled various systems to BPC in local currency & USD and identify variances. Reconciled I/C balances and identified variances.
- Worked with Group Managers to find resolution & made appropriate entries. Tested BPC for accuracy.
Financial Analyst – New England Region 6/2012 – 12/2012
USI Holdings (Insurance - Brokerage) Woburn, MA
- Managed the monthly closing & forecasting & the annual Planning and Budget Process for the Boston OpCo.
- Produced & presented monthly financial package to Sr. Mgmt. Prepared revenue & expense variance analysis. Special Projects.
- Developed & maintained Regional & Corporate financial models. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Worked with Sales as a business partner to provide production & cash reports, commission reconciliations & earn-out calculations.
Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Corp Ops Administration 10/2011 – 4/2012
Fidelity Investments, Boston, MA (Shared Services Fin Ops)
- Managed the annual Planning & Budget Process (submission to Corporate) for Corp. Operations / Enterprise Functions.
- Managed the Corporate Operations/Enterprise Functions consolidation Essbase cubes. Produced monthly standard P&L reporting.
- Consolidated Report Verification & Validation & maintained account & reporting structure for the entire group.
- Led (jointly) reporting improvement efforts & led the Budget Adjustment Process.
- Prepared Monthly Corporate Flash Reports for all Corp. Operations / G&A Business Units.
Sr Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Financial Planning & Analysis Dept (CPD) 3/2010 – 9/2010
Graphic Packaging Int’l (Manufacturing – Packaging & Containers) Concord, NH
- Provided timely & relevant forecasts & analysis to Sr. Mgmt. Prepared Profit Elimination & assisted in the budgeting process.
- Worked with Sales & Senior Management to develop appropriate reporting package.
- Prepared & distributed Customer Margin Analysis & Divisional Margin Analysis. Special Projects.
- Enhanced Reporting capabilities. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis & reporting as needed.
Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Financial Planning & Analysis Dept 5/2009 – 2/2010
Sterling Commerce, INC. (IBM Company) (Software) Lowell, MA
- Worked with functional groups (domestic & int’l) as a business partner to determine their financial needs.
- Responsible for the timely & competent analysis of budgets, forecasts, operating results to determine business achievement of stated business objectives. Provided timely & relevant forecasts & analysis to Sr. Management. Special Projects.
- Performed customer, product or market analysis as needed to support each functional area.
- Coordinated, prepared & distributed monthly financial package (domestic & int’l) to Sr. Mgmt.
- Worked with Executive Mgmt to identify & report against KPIs. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis & reporting as needed.
Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant - Reinsurance Accounting Dept 12/2003 – 10/2008
Liberty Mutual/ Liberty Agency Markets, Boston, MA
- Managed Internal Controls Attestation (SOX) for the whole Dept. System Administration & training for Certus System.
- Supported, communicated & coordinated audits with internal & external auditors & handled special projects.
- Coordinated & prepared quarterly GAAP & SAP Disclosure Checklist & detailed expense analysis with commentaries on variances & presented to Sr. Mgmt. Coordinated & prepared annual Ceded Premium Plan & monthly Operations Report.
- Managed the Affiliated Database for the whole Company & coordinated Business Continuity Plan.
- Financial Analysis with narratives for monthly, quarterly & annual activity.
- Budget & Planning for departmental expenses & Reinsurance activity. Participated in the Reinsurance System development. Oversaw accounting activities for all Residual Markets.
- Reviewed & approved journal entries & account recons for accuracy & completeness.
- Provided functional guidance and training for entry & staff Accountants.
Senior Reinsurance Analyst - Reinsurance Operations Unit 10/1999 – 12/2003
International Insurance Company, Manchester, NH
- Procured and maintained Letters of Credit for all unauthorized reinsurers.
- Coordinated the issuance of Letters of Credit on Assumed business and handled special projects.
- Handled commutation proposals and liquidation companies as well as coordinated global commutations.
Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting Department 7/1996 – 10/1999
National Grange Mutual, Keene, NH
- Maintained General Ledger for six Subsidiary Companies.
- Reconciled B/S & I/S accounts on a monthly basis, investigated unusual activities & found resolution.
- Prepared prepooled financials, coordinated and prepared Statutory Annual & Quarterly financials.
- Supported audits by the Insurance Dept, External & Internal Auditors & handled special projects.
Manager – Corporate Financial Accounting & Reporting Department 6/1996 & prior
AXA Re & AXA America (Insurance – Reinsurance) NYC, NY
- Trained personnel and evaluated their performance.
- Coordinated and prepared consolidated GAAP report to AXA Consolidation.
- Coordinated and prepared Consolidated Report for Budgets, Forecasts, Semi Annual and Annual Consolidations.
- Prepared expense budget and assisted in overall budget process including commentaries.
- Detailed review and completion of STAT, GAAP financials including Revenue Recognition.
- Oversaw fixed assets and all bookkeeping functions to ensure accuracy and timely disbursement of checks to vendors.
- Analysis of general expenses and commentaries on the variance.
- Executed Investment Accounting and State Compliance related schedules and reports.
- Preparation of GAAP and Statutory formatted board reports and assisted in the forecasting process including commentaries.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, h-lookups, macros, etc.), Power Point, Essbase, Hyperion Planning Models, Various Reinsurance Systems, Certus System (Attestation), Change Point, PeopleSoft, OutLookSoft, SharePoint, EDMS, Sagitta, SAP System, TM1 Reporting System, BPC Reporting System.
BBA in Accounting, Pace University, New York, NY
Kristyn E. Mohrmann
6 Hastings Lane Nashua, NH 03064
Boston Baptist College, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Biblical Studies with an emphasis in Church Ministry
Graduated May 2008, Cum Laude
Word of Life Bible Institute, Pottersville, NY
One year Bible certificate
Graduated in August 2005
Calvary Christian School, Derry, NH
Graduated in June 2004, High School Diploma
Sales Associate II April 2013-January 2015
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England Amherst, NH
Supervises Safety Inspection for Store
Represents Store at Regional Meetings for Safety Team
Operating Cash Register
Evaluating Donated Merchandise for Salability
Pricing of Merchandise
Seasonal Help – Cashier November 2012-December 2012
Target Corporation Nashua, NH
Operating Cash Register at Check Out
Contract Labor/Volunteer January 2011-July 2014
Northridge Church Derry/Londonderry, NH
Assist Pastor with Filing Paperwork
Teach Kids Church to 1st through 5th Grade Students
Sales Associate June 2007-May 2009
Payless Shoe Source North Andover, MA
Operating Cash Register
Kitchen Worker August 2006-May 2008
Boston Baptist College Boston, MA
Cleaning the Kitchen, Cafeteria, and Dish Room
STC (Summer Training Corps) Bookstore Supervisor June -August 2006
Word of Life Ranch Pottersville, NY
Supervise Students at Work
Tracking Cash Flows at End of Day
30 Cypress Lane Apt.6, Nashua, NH 03063; Phone (603)765-2881;
Education & Training ~
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Entrepreneurship in Small Business Management Certificate
Accounting, management principles, marketing principles, business communications, statistics, business law, and small business plan development.
Overall 3.0 GPA. 2004 Dean's List.
 OSHA Certificate in Construction Safety
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Associate in Science Degree- Liberal Studies
Studies include English Literature and composition; Microsoft Office; economics; environmental science; & graphic design.
 Infor ERP VISUAL Jobshop Materials Planning Window; Preparing Systems for Cycle Counts
 APICS enrolled Member Granite State Chapter
Studying for Basics of Supply Chain Management
Member of a team that developed & improved the organization’s operational plan with processes and procedures. The combination of materials requirements planning (MRP) ERP software, direct & indirect purchasing strategies, quality mission, & warehouse processes allowed production to minimize labor hours & inventory on-hand contributing to profits.
Planned, coordinated, and executed daily logistics & warehouse functions resulting in on time deliveries consistently in the 90the percentile.
Key team member that managed full cycle count system from set-up; entering; review; analysis; through general ledger entry ensuring inventories remain at a consistent high level of accuracy.
- Established & maintained open relationships across departments to facilitate communications & ensure that goals are accomplished and deadlines met. Related to different personalities. Collaborated with team members to effectively work through bottlenecks and analyze them. (Customer Service, Estimating, Shop Production Manager, Quality Control, Controller, Leads, & Technicians)
- Set up new part numbers, maintained multiple databases: two inventories over 5000 Part IDs; on time delivery log; work performed log.
- Maintained ABC coding & safety stock levels within part maintenance that aided customer orders being fulfilled timely through MRP and kitting.
Researched and reviewed vendors determining costs, availability, responsiveness, & volume flexibility providing input to team for final decisions.
Researched products & services to determine quality from non-quality across a wide range of concepts and industries. Obtain authorization on part substitute providing solutions to cost or lead time issues.
Reviewed requisition forms from Production Lead and Field Technician Leads. Determined through established process whether to forward the information or perform the buying function.
Input, send, and confirm purchase orders of indirect supplies & services in support of operations. Review order acknowledgements and follow up on existing orders.
Perform full MRP buying in a backup role.
Reviewed planned orders of raw materials & scheduled pick-ups.
Collaborated with buyer doing returns. Follow vendor policies regarding material or equipment returns. Return Material Authorization documentation.
Followed procedures regarding Document controls such as: Deviation Request; Bills of Lading; Freight forwarding; First Article Inspection; Material certifications
- Negotiated rate reductions in freight costs.
- Negotiated price reductions on shipping supplies.
- Infor Visual Manufacturing ERP system, Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, Scan, fax, email, messenger
1/2006 – 2/2016 NEW ENGLAND ORBITAL SERVICES
LOGISTICS; MATERIALS COORDINATOR; BUYER JUNIOR
Process Piping Industry/ ASME Certified Welders supporting Semiconductors, Emerging Technologies, R&D, Biotech & Order-driven Manufacturing
Salem, NH (603)870-5400
6/1995-2/2005 JIMMY’S PIZZA TOO; BILL THEOFILOPOLOUS
Lowell, MA (978)446-0342
- Customer service manager role. Service and line cook trainer.
- Shift lead of 5-10 employees
- Submit cash and check payment to vendors
- Closing and securing the shop for the night
Tori W. Orr
Interested in the synergy between art and science. Passionate about delivering context and elegant design when structuring information. Driven to create clear and useful internal employee, human resources, and public relations content strategy. Senior management and editorial experience in all aspects of digital communications and interactive products, business platforms and enterprise applications. Focused on making information culturally authentic. Excel at organizational communications, experience design, knowledge management, library science, and strategic problem solving.
- Strategic Communications using multiple platforms
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy & Social Media Consulting
- Knowledge Management systems
- Editing/Writing (both print and online)
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Collection & Document Management
- Interface Design Schematics
- Data Organization (Taxonomy Development)
- Usability Testing & Focus Group Mediation
- Heuristic Analysis (Design Evaluation)
- Human Factors Research
- Reference Intake & Interviewing
- Service Delivery to Special Populations
- Outreach & Technical Instruction
User Experience & Web Content Manager, Harvard Medical School, 7/2013 – Present
A highly creative digital communications project manager and knowledge resource problem solver supporting more than 7,500 full-time faculty in 11 unique research science departments and the academic community as the information technology liaison.
• Collaboratively craft change management communications socializing the introduction of new products and services. Followed through with PMs and business leaders to achieve a balance between functional requirements, scope, schedule, and ongoing support.
• Managing editor for UX requirements and user workflow scenarios for the HMS knowledge management portal. Assess delivery risk and document costs against deadlines and existing budget in every project's continuous improvement (agile) life cycle
• Shared services operations management, goal setting, project milestones, budgets, staff supervision and performance evaluations
• Maintain partnerships with IT Steering Committee and Office of Communications to produce project effort estimates, reporting, and operational needs. Negotiate outcomes between parties with conflicting interests and advocate for organizational standards, brand identity style guides and reliable outsourcing strategies
• Successfully migrate to a new platform and manage product development processes (on the Drupal CMS) resulting in the cost reduction of a quarter million dollars in vendor support for HMS enterprise web services.
Technical Communications Manager, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, 10/2008 - 7/2013
Responsibility for over $2M in project resources. Lead an in-house agency delivering print and digital media communication plans and technically sophisticated marketing materials for 3,500 scientists, engineers, and executives. (DoD TS-SCI Clearance)
• Managed labor resources, mentored performance, and directed output of 25 creative digital media professionals. Launched, staffed, motivated and championed a new UX/UI design discipline within group
• Directed scientific communications campaign that led to a $17mil NASA award for the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
• Produced a brand identity to corporate intranet interface and community informed information architecture. Final product won the development team a laboratory awards
• Aided scientific and academic community outreach by providing resources for Lab outreach events, “Science on Saturdays,” the annual Daughters & Sons Days, and K–12 science (STEM) educational initiatives.
Manager, Digital Library Information Services, Montana State Library, 5/2004 - 6/2006
Managed information services for the Montana State Digital Library (MSdL). Head of information and government research services with a budget of $300K. Provide public access to government-sponsored research, GIS data, and biological information on Montana’s wildlife through the first digital institutional repository. Strategic responsibility writing RFPs, drafting access legislation, and providing technical documentation.
Director of Information Architecture, DentsuFuse (Tokyo, Japan), 3/2001 - 3/2002
Contractor for Japan's largest advertising agency. Launched a UX Division in the marketing group. Recruited and managed creative and technical teams. Created sales presentations for new business. Designed cross-cultural application with timekeeping, workflow and metrics reporting functions. Conveyed usability and technical information to a non-technical audience and corporate clients and front-end web production for Global Fortune 500 websites.
Senior Information Architect, USWeb/CKS and marchFirst, 4/1999 - 3/2001
Pioneering new media public relations and marketing agency headquartered in San Francisco. Designed the content standards and information flow required for B2B and B2C websites and consumer applications by applying usability and heuristic analysis. Drafted and conducted usability tests and focus groups. Connected users to applications by incorporating technical requirements into task flow and functional schematics.
Independent Consultant & Contractor 1995-1998
Ziff Davis & Bloomburg.com Created storyboards and concept designs for the original ZDtv website and broadcasting web-content to a national television audience.
IFusion.com Directed innovative interactive programming and online branding for multiple channels of news reporting and entertainment.
Paramount Digital Entertainment Copy edited both Bristol-Meyers Squibb "Women's Link" and the original “Star Trek Continuum” Website. Contributed as editorial writer, photographer, and tech support.
Northeastern University, M.S., Corporate & Organizational Communication, 2011-2012
Drexel University, M.S., College of Information Science & Technology, 2002-2005
University of Oregon, Dual Concurrent Undergraduate Degrees, B.S. Fine & Applied Art and
B.A. English Literature, 1992-1994
Presidio of Monterey Defense Language Institute and Goodfellow AFB, US Air Force, Honorable Separation (SSgt E-5), Military Operational Art & Science, 1985
CERTIFICATES, SPEAKING, and TEACHING
• "Agile Boot Camp" Certificate, ASPE, a division of Fortis College, 2015.
• "Human Interaction Laboratory" Certificate, NTL Institute 2012.
• Yale, Business School for Creative Leaders, Certificate, Yale and AIGA, 2010.
• Adjunct Professor, Drexel University, “Internet Information Resource Design” 2004-05.
• Guest lecturer for UC Berkeley Extension, 1999.
• Content Management panelist at The San Francisco Multimedia Center, 2001.
• Presenter at the SXSW Technology Conference, 2000.
Finance Professional with strong analytical and communication skills with experience bringing people together to tackle difficult issues. My management style, which draws on the basic tenets of quality management, is focused on quantifiable results driven by every member of the group. Record of analytics, strategic vision and results-oriented leadership across numerous industries and institutions.
Core Expertise includes:
Finance Operations Management
MA Families Organizing for Change
Project Coordinator who conceptualized, developed and grew Housing Connections, a state-wide tool to allow families of the disabled to connect to find housing for their loved ones. Led seminars on housing as well as transition topics; designed and led goal-setting process for Northeast region (2012 – present). www.mfofc.org/housingconnections/
Manager Cargo Revenue Accounting, with responsibility for accounting, customer service, collections, claims and records management (2000 – 2003).
Developed and implemented detailed quality metrics for all functions; instituted long-term performance improvement plan resulting in dramatic operational improvement over three years:
Reduced days sales outstanding by 70%.
Reduced oldest open invoices by 85%.
Reduced longest customer service response times by 96%.
Renegotiated collection vendor contract to save $800k (52%) with improved control processes.
Manager Long Term Cargo Planning, with planning responsibility for warehouses, equipment, automation, process, quality and data (1998 – 2000).
Implemented performance measurement and quality standards for field cargo operations.
Restructured O’Hare ware house renovation for savings of 13 months and $10 million (11%). Full scope of renovation completed within timeframe and budget.
Financial Analyst, Controller’s Division, responsible for collaborating with field maintenance operations to develop $1.9 billion operating budget (1997 – 1998).
Modeled maintenance productivity and cost to align spending with operational volume.
Valued numerous ESOP scenarios in support of union contract negotiations.
Education & Certification
MBA, Finance and Statistics
University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
Designed, tested and implemented proprietary investment strategy with average returns above the S&P500 but only 55% of the risk of long stock using equities and equity options (2007-2013).
Cooking instructor and blogger at www.ucancook.net, with a passion for teaching people to make food that is healthy, tasty and REAL.
Developed and taught Investment Club, an investment enrichment course for 4th and 5th grade students from 2005 – 2010. Designed 4-factor stock picking model for students based on writing web common in elementary schools.
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) from 2004 – 2009 and Education Surrogate Parent (ESPP) from 2006 – 2014 advocating for teens in the Massachusetts foster care system
Current board memberships: Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services Citizens’ Advisory Board, South Church Youth Board, Northeast Arc Transition Task Force
88 Waltham Street Maynard, MA 01754
C: 508.527.3726 • P: 978.266.2766
Accomplished and creative corporate communication and marketing professional with expertise in developing marketing plans, comprehensive media planning and execution of strategy. Talented and successful client – oriented manager focused on building and maintaining strong relationships. Adept at navigating all aspects of product marketing from a wholesale and manufacturing perspective. Develop, manage and execute all company and vendor events for established and prospective customers. Successfully pilot promotional events for customers and vendors alike from concept through completion.
Marketing & Office Manager
VBA Physician Network Services, LLC. Concord, MA June 2015 - Present
Innovative Healthcare Management Consulting Services
Maintain and improve marketing efforts for company website in Word Press V. 4.3.1.
Provide customer feedback and requests from customers through networking to report to LLC manager for improved processes.
Organize and update cloud – based systems including Quick Books Pro 2012 with Inuit.
Update and generate Networking reports in cloud – based Zoho CRM, Projects and Campaign database software.
Prepare all HR and Marketing on – boarding programs for CFO and Physician Executive to begin consulting for VBA.
Adjust and maintain yearly budget and Excel spreadsheets.
Prepare and report a quarterly account review to principals through networking efforts for discussion.
Assist on PowerPoint creation and auditing functions for client presentations.
Built and Maintain LinkedIn Profiles for company site and Executive Consultants.
Created all announcements and email blasts through Zoho Campaigns, Boston Business Journal and utilized other Media Vehicles to generate excitement with the addition of new consultants at VBA PNS, LLC.
Associate Product Manager
Harvey Building Products, Waltham, MA July 2013 - November 2014
Manufacturer and wholesaler of building products
Collaborated with Business Development and all members of the team to create comprehensive sales strategy, conduct analysis, and create event plans to identify new opportunities to provide our customer with added sales value and a consistently positive experience.
Built and maintained relationships with wholesale vendors, field sales managers and their customers.
Revamp annual Harvey catalog for all company wholesale and manufacturing product lines.
Developed new events and promotions for internal and external trade shows
Designed flyers, promotional materials and dealer/vendor events to promote The Harvey brand and individual wholesale products to educate our customers and their customers on our vast product lines.
Prototype development of new samples, kiosks and update/retro-fit existing showroom displays.
Rebuilt the web portal for outside sales and branch staff use by redesigning all wholesale and MFG literature, line cards, sell sheets, user guides and other sales assets.
Lead management of product line for larger distribution in PA and increased sales volume of Harvey Estate storm door series reboot.
Formulated and broadcast weekly emails and bi-monthly newsletters to the general population by contributing product introductions, updates and education.
Peabody Supply Company, Peabody, MA 2004 - 2013
Wholesale and retail supply chain
Designed comprehensive marketing plans annually. Managed $750k marketing budget. Efforts included direct mail, radio, print, billboard, cable, network television, customer promotions and events to reach an identified market. Increased attendance at annual vendor trade shows from 50 to 250 targeted attendees.
Developed, planned and executed semi-annual, company-wide vendor and customer events in a trade show-like venue.
Organized and ran all aspects of approximately 20 training events each year for customers and employees.
Delegated assignments to company employees before and during each event to ensure a smooth and effective event.
Qualified leads and built databases of potential clients in vertical markets. Analyze sales patterns to refine market for future sales events.
Directed work of web specialist focused on social media activities including blog posts, tweets and other social media content.
Plumber’s Edge Corporation, North Chelmsford, MA 1999 – 2004
Commercial/industrial wholesaler and retailer
Instituted and managed strategic customer and third-party relationships through trade shows, yearly events, promotions and presentations, mailings and other activities to leverage key competitive strengths. Effort generated hundreds of new leads and increased sales.
Developed comprehensive customer reference database to facilitate circulating mailers and vendor information. Increased exposure to 35,000 potential new customers per mailing.
Trade Show Manager
Schrager & Associates, Boxborough, MA 1997–1999
High-level management roundtable trade show marketing and coordination for Fortune 100 IT companies
Generated more than $800K in gross sales annually from contracting with vendors and clients.
Guided clients through trade show process; strategized on planning and execution of workshops.
Qualified leads through telesales; achieved and exceeded attendance goals for trade show producers.
Nonprofit & Volunteer Service/addtional employment
Acton Barn Cooperative, Inc., Acton, MA 1991-1998 Member - Board of Trustees
Worked at nonprofit early childcare & education center to uphold its mission and vision, set goals and policies, oversaw administration, evaluated performance, and monitored finances. Leadership positions included: Executive Vice President, Membership Co-chairperson, and Nominating Committee Chair. Assistant Manager at Ann Taylor, Inc. & Sales at The Gap Stores, Inc.
Bentley University, Waltham, MA - BS in Marketing and Management (Double Major)
Mary L. Scourick
17 Bear Path Lane, Hudson, NH 03051
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
More than 15 years of broad expertise in patient, product, software, and therapy marketing. Strong customer and patient focus, exceptional relationship management skills, experienced in driving results.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Product & Services Marketing Strategy Development Project Management
Creation of Programs & Collateral Social Media Engagement Budgets & ROI Analysis
Proficiency in Salesforce (CRM) Development of Procedures Market Research
NOTABLE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Developed and launched numerous high return initiatives to increase awareness and adoption of life-changing therapy option.
Created and launched (in FDA-regulated environment) company’s Facebook page, obtaining legal and regulatory approval on guidelines for posting and managing the page.
Managed all pre-launch and launch activities for a new clinical software suite, including beta site criteria and selection, positioning and pricing strategies, and sales implementation process, generating first sale 4-weeks post launch.
Recipient of several internal awards recognizing customer focus, dedication to improving patient care, and operational improvement.
NxStage Medical, Inc. – Lawrence, MA 2007 - 2015
Senior Marketing Manager, Patient Marketing (2010 – 2015)
Generated patient and community awareness of NxStage therapy through media outreach, peer-to-peer engagements, patient meetings, and educational materials.
Developed and launched numerous high return initiatives to increase awareness and adoption of home hemodialysis therapy, including:
Experience the Difference – program allowing patients to “test drive” therapy for one week; results: greater than 50% of patients subsequently start therapy.
Patient educational events – developed framework and resources for sales representatives to drive and facilitate events with customers wanting to grow their home hemodialysis programs; results: therapy prescriptions increased 50% at those programs.
Patient advocacy programs – identified and managed patient advocates for peer-to-peer discussions with interested patients and family members; grew program from 1 to 24 advocates.
Drove adoption and development of Facebook page in an FDA-regulated environment, obtaining internal legal and regulatory approval on page management guidelines.
Market Development Manager (2007 – 2009)
Created responsibilities for newly-created position designed to grow patient base through awareness, education, and support, including:
Managing PR activities, driving coverage of compelling patient stories in local and national media.
Developing educational collateral and web resources to increase awareness and consideration of home hemodialysis therapy.
Working collaboratively with not-for-profit kidney patient organizations to identify opportunities for effective partnerships to increase awareness of home hemodialysis.
Recipient of Kelly McManus Award, recognizing customer focus and dedication to improving patient care.
Baxter International, Inc. – Deerfield, IL 1987 – 2006
Global Senior Marketing Manager (2004 – 2006)
Worked in a matrixed environment developing and executing strategic marketing plans for all clinical software and web offerings.
Managed both U.S. and global marketing requirements after restructuring through frequent and effective communications with global counterparts.
Senior Marketing Manager (2002 – 2004)
Produced and launched patient testimonial video designed to increase demand for home therapy; managed all pre-launch and launch activities related to new clinical software package.
Generated sale of six-figure software package four weeks post-launch.
Marketing Manager (2001 – 2002)
Designed and implemented physician education follow-up program, managed pre-dialysis patient education programs, developed therapy messaging for field sales use.
Engaged 700 physician meeting attendees with monthly audio conferences, question/answer forums, sharing of best demonstrated practices, article reprints, and faculty tips.
Associate Marketing Manager (1998 – 2000)
Managed product line, including new product development and life cycle management; led cross-functional teams to drive improvements in profitability and customer engagement.
Drove and implemented over $1.5MM of product and manufacturing cost reduction projects, ensuring customer acceptance of any product changes.
Recipient of U.S. marketing’s 1999 Best Partner Award for outstanding customer support through marketing initiatives.
Masters of Business Administration - Lake Forest Graduate School of Management - Lake Forest, IL
Bachelor of Arts (Marketing) - University of Northern Iowa - Cedar Falls, IA
National Kidney Foundation Serving New England (2007 – 2015)
Drove corporate presence at annual Kidney Walk through sponsorship and employee participation.
National Kidney Foundation of Illinois (1999 – 2006)
Coordinated company participation in annual 5K walk, driving corporate backing as Presenting Sponsor from 2001 – 2006.
Recipient of Community Leadership Award in February 2004
United Way of Lake County (1993 – 1999)
Led company’s annual United Way campaign in various roles, including facility chairperson, events coordinator, and ambassador.
The Pennsylvania State University, December 2013
BS in Science, minor in Biomedical Engineering
GPA: 3.5, member of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
Microbiology Laboratory (Fall 2013)
Worked with a partner to identify and successfully isolate antibiotic producers on campus
Developed original research methodology and kept a written journal for the project
Engineering Design class (2010)
Led a team of four in redesigning a toy helicopter
Learned how to use softworks
Tutor, Penn State Learning Department (2009-2010)
Taught students math and chemistry part-time over the course of two years
Practiced communicating complex subjects in simple terms
Lab Assistant, Penn State Department of Microbiology (2010)
Prepared lab materials and set up lab stations for classes
Assisted the professor with teaching lab practices to students
Recruited new marketers to build up an independent distributor business
Learned about sales, marketing, and networking at training seminars
Historian Chair, Student Red Cross Club (2011-2013)
Elected Historian Chair by the club officers
Persuaded others to donate blood as a donor recruiter
Managed teams of up to 10 volunteers as an OSC at blood drives with up to 120 donors
Spoke publicly to promote blood drives in classes with more than 200 students
Recognized as volunteer of the semester for completing 140 hours of volunteer service
Penn State Karate Club, member (2011-2013)
Won 4th out of eight in sparring in Isshinryu World Karate Tournament
Placed 2nd in kata presentation and 3rd in sparring at Lennox Legacy Tournament
Taught new students self-defense techniques
Lead practice sessions at the senseis' request
Skills include MATLAB programming, cooking