30 Cypress Lane Apt.6, Nashua, NH 03063; Phone (603)765-2881;
Education & Training ~
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Entrepreneurship in Small Business Management Certificate
Accounting, management principles, marketing principles, business communications, statistics, business law, and small business plan development.
Overall 3.0 GPA. 2004 Dean's List.
 OSHA Certificate in Construction Safety
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Associate in Science Degree- Liberal Studies
Studies include English Literature and composition; Microsoft Office; economics; environmental science; & graphic design.
 Infor ERP VISUAL Jobshop Materials Planning Window; Preparing Systems for Cycle Counts
 APICS enrolled Member Granite State Chapter
Studying for Basics of Supply Chain Management
Member of a team that developed & improved the organization’s operational plan with processes and procedures. The combination of materials requirements planning (MRP) ERP software, direct & indirect purchasing strategies, quality mission, & warehouse processes allowed production to minimize labor hours & inventory on-hand contributing to profits.
Planned, coordinated, and executed daily logistics & warehouse functions resulting in on time deliveries consistently in the 90the percentile.
Key team member that managed full cycle count system from set-up; entering; review; analysis; through general ledger entry ensuring inventories remain at a consistent high level of accuracy.
- Established & maintained open relationships across departments to facilitate communications & ensure that goals are accomplished and deadlines met. Related to different personalities. Collaborated with team members to effectively work through bottlenecks and analyze them. (Customer Service, Estimating, Shop Production Manager, Quality Control, Controller, Leads, & Technicians)
- Set up new part numbers, maintained multiple databases: two inventories over 5000 Part IDs; on time delivery log; work performed log.
- Maintained ABC coding & safety stock levels within part maintenance that aided customer orders being fulfilled timely through MRP and kitting.
Researched and reviewed vendors determining costs, availability, responsiveness, & volume flexibility providing input to team for final decisions.
Researched products & services to determine quality from non-quality across a wide range of concepts and industries. Obtain authorization on part substitute providing solutions to cost or lead time issues.
Reviewed requisition forms from Production Lead and Field Technician Leads. Determined through established process whether to forward the information or perform the buying function.
Input, send, and confirm purchase orders of indirect supplies & services in support of operations. Review order acknowledgements and follow up on existing orders.
Perform full MRP buying in a backup role.
Reviewed planned orders of raw materials & scheduled pick-ups.
Collaborated with buyer doing returns. Follow vendor policies regarding material or equipment returns. Return Material Authorization documentation.
Followed procedures regarding Document controls such as: Deviation Request; Bills of Lading; Freight forwarding; First Article Inspection; Material certifications
- Negotiated rate reductions in freight costs.
- Negotiated price reductions on shipping supplies.
- Infor Visual Manufacturing ERP system, Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, Scan, fax, email, messenger
1/2006 – 2/2016 NEW ENGLAND ORBITAL SERVICES
LOGISTICS; MATERIALS COORDINATOR; BUYER JUNIOR
Process Piping Industry/ ASME Certified Welders supporting Semiconductors, Emerging Technologies, R&D, Biotech & Order-driven Manufacturing
Salem, NH (603)870-5400
6/1995-2/2005 JIMMY’S PIZZA TOO; BILL THEOFILOPOLOUS
Lowell, MA (978)446-0342
- Customer service manager role. Service and line cook trainer.
- Shift lead of 5-10 employees
- Submit cash and check payment to vendors
- Closing and securing the shop for the night
Tori W. Orr
Interested in the synergy between art and science. Passionate about delivering context and elegant design when structuring information. Driven to create clear and useful internal employee, human resources, and public relations content strategy. Senior management and editorial experience in all aspects of digital communications and interactive products, business platforms and enterprise applications. Focused on making information culturally authentic. Excel at organizational communications, experience design, knowledge management, library science, and strategic problem solving.
- Strategic Communications using multiple platforms
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy & Social Media Consulting
- Knowledge Management systems
- Editing/Writing (both print and online)
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Collection & Document Management
- Interface Design Schematics
- Data Organization (Taxonomy Development)
- Usability Testing & Focus Group Mediation
- Heuristic Analysis (Design Evaluation)
- Human Factors Research
- Reference Intake & Interviewing
- Service Delivery to Special Populations
- Outreach & Technical Instruction
User Experience & Web Content Manager, Harvard Medical School, 7/2013 – Present
A highly creative digital communications project manager and knowledge resource problem solver supporting more than 7,500 full-time faculty in 11 unique research science departments and the academic community as the information technology liaison.
• Collaboratively craft change management communications socializing the introduction of new products and services. Followed through with PMs and business leaders to achieve a balance between functional requirements, scope, schedule, and ongoing support.
• Managing editor for UX requirements and user workflow scenarios for the HMS knowledge management portal. Assess delivery risk and document costs against deadlines and existing budget in every project's continuous improvement (agile) life cycle
• Shared services operations management, goal setting, project milestones, budgets, staff supervision and performance evaluations
• Maintain partnerships with IT Steering Committee and Office of Communications to produce project effort estimates, reporting, and operational needs. Negotiate outcomes between parties with conflicting interests and advocate for organizational standards, brand identity style guides and reliable outsourcing strategies
• Successfully migrate to a new platform and manage product development processes (on the Drupal CMS) resulting in the cost reduction of a quarter million dollars in vendor support for HMS enterprise web services.
Technical Communications Manager, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, 10/2008 - 7/2013
Responsibility for over $2M in project resources. Lead an in-house agency delivering print and digital media communication plans and technically sophisticated marketing materials for 3,500 scientists, engineers, and executives. (DoD TS-SCI Clearance)
• Managed labor resources, mentored performance, and directed output of 25 creative digital media professionals. Launched, staffed, motivated and championed a new UX/UI design discipline within group
• Directed scientific communications campaign that led to a $17mil NASA award for the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
• Produced a brand identity to corporate intranet interface and community informed information architecture. Final product won the development team a laboratory awards
• Aided scientific and academic community outreach by providing resources for Lab outreach events, “Science on Saturdays,” the annual Daughters & Sons Days, and K–12 science (STEM) educational initiatives.
Manager, Digital Library Information Services, Montana State Library, 5/2004 - 6/2006
Managed information services for the Montana State Digital Library (MSdL). Head of information and government research services with a budget of $300K. Provide public access to government-sponsored research, GIS data, and biological information on Montana’s wildlife through the first digital institutional repository. Strategic responsibility writing RFPs, drafting access legislation, and providing technical documentation.
Director of Information Architecture, DentsuFuse (Tokyo, Japan), 3/2001 - 3/2002
Contractor for Japan's largest advertising agency. Launched a UX Division in the marketing group. Recruited and managed creative and technical teams. Created sales presentations for new business. Designed cross-cultural application with timekeeping, workflow and metrics reporting functions. Conveyed usability and technical information to a non-technical audience and corporate clients and front-end web production for Global Fortune 500 websites.
Senior Information Architect, USWeb/CKS and marchFirst, 4/1999 - 3/2001
Pioneering new media public relations and marketing agency headquartered in San Francisco. Designed the content standards and information flow required for B2B and B2C websites and consumer applications by applying usability and heuristic analysis. Drafted and conducted usability tests and focus groups. Connected users to applications by incorporating technical requirements into task flow and functional schematics.
Independent Consultant & Contractor 1995-1998
Ziff Davis & Bloomburg.com Created storyboards and concept designs for the original ZDtv website and broadcasting web-content to a national television audience.
IFusion.com Directed innovative interactive programming and online branding for multiple channels of news reporting and entertainment.
Paramount Digital Entertainment Copy edited both Bristol-Meyers Squibb "Women's Link" and the original “Star Trek Continuum” Website. Contributed as editorial writer, photographer, and tech support.
Northeastern University, M.S., Corporate & Organizational Communication, 2011-2012
Drexel University, M.S., College of Information Science & Technology, 2002-2005
University of Oregon, Dual Concurrent Undergraduate Degrees, B.S. Fine & Applied Art and
B.A. English Literature, 1992-1994
Presidio of Monterey Defense Language Institute and Goodfellow AFB, US Air Force, Honorable Separation (SSgt E-5), Military Operational Art & Science, 1985
CERTIFICATES, SPEAKING, and TEACHING
• "Agile Boot Camp" Certificate, ASPE, a division of Fortis College, 2015.
• "Human Interaction Laboratory" Certificate, NTL Institute 2012.
• Yale, Business School for Creative Leaders, Certificate, Yale and AIGA, 2010.
• Adjunct Professor, Drexel University, “Internet Information Resource Design” 2004-05.
• Guest lecturer for UC Berkeley Extension, 1999.
• Content Management panelist at The San Francisco Multimedia Center, 2001.
• Presenter at the SXSW Technology Conference, 2000.
Corinne L. Casazza
22 Merrimack Meadow Lane
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Web sites: www.CorinneCasazza.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/CasazzaWriting
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Manager, Learning Solutions Specialists (LSS) 1/3/14 – present
- Providing digital sales team with data/copy to drive leads from Deans at universities nationwide
- Partnering with digital sales team using internal tools/data mining to upsell new/upcoming products
- Leading team on transition to Salesforce.com including application testing, making recommendations to senior management and development, and writing the best practices guide
- Assisting senior management with the resolutions/assignations of projects and issues
- Managing/mentoring a team of two people
- Acting as a mentor to the extended team
- Creating and presenting trainings to sales team in person and via Webex
- Assisting digital sales team and senior management with creation of specifications and records to build custom technology for our customers
- Tasks listed under Learning Solutions Specialist below
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Learning Solutions Specialist 6/12 – 1/3/14
- Liaising between our clients and development team to resolve technical issues
- Managing two temporary employees on a daily basis to complete projects
- Delivering Webinars on Pearson technology to various internal and external teams
Technical writing including:
- Creating customized instructor and student documentation for Pearson projects including login, registration, and functionality of any technology delivered
- Composing and delivering email “fulfillments,” cross-referencing a variety of databases and providing streamlined information about completed custom education projects to internal sales teams and external clients
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Digital Account Coordinator 4/11 - 6/12
- Generating weekly sales reports for sales employees and management
- Writing success stories that showcase Pearson products and the talents of our sales team
- Training temporary employees to create records on internal applications and fulfill projects
- Creating records for Pearson Education products such as ebooks, web sites, online courses etc. using proprietary internal database systems and other applications
- Writing and revising documentation for generating internal database reports
- Writing/revising the departmental policies and procedures guide
- Training sales team via Webinars on internal database and delivering corresponding documentation
Casazza Writing, Sedona AZ 3/10 - present
- Utilizing my experience as the published author of two novels, and a best-selling ebook, I bring the vision of my clients’ creative expression to light with the following services:
- Social media – Twitter, Facebook, web, blogs etc.
- Writing compelling web content
- Facilitating interactive writing workshops
- Conference/travel promotion including social media and press releases
- Creating marketing/sales emails
- Book/article editing
- Coaching clients through their writing and finding a process that works for them
Sedona Private Guides, Sedona, AZ 8/2009- 3/10
Responsible for Social Media presence of Sedona Private Guides
Marketing duties including:
- Creating new products (e-books, CDs, etc.)
- Keeping site content current
- Writing monthly ezines to customers, leads and prospects
- Writing email marketing campaigns to increase revenue
- Editing three best-selling books on Sedona
Sedona Training Associates, Sedona, AZ 2007- 2009
Responsible for Web presence of www.sedona.com including:
- Immersing The Sedona Method into Social Media
- Keeping site content current
- Overseeing ecommerce functionality
- Writing weekly ezines to customers, leads and prospects
- Creating joint ventures with other leaders in the self-help industry
- Writing email marketing campaigns to increase revenue
Stellar Productions, LLC, Sedona, AZ 2005-2007
Senior Web Presence Manager,
Responsible for Web presence of www.stellarproductionslive.com including:
- Redesigning the layout of the site
- Writing and posting all site content, press releases and event marketing
- Collaborating with Webmaster for changes to shopping cart, site navigator etc.
- Managing the email blasts for scheduled events
- Writing articles for local papers to promote events
IBM, Inc., Cambridge, MA 1999-2005
Senior Web Presence Manager, 2000 – 2005
IBM Passport Advantage (volume software licensing program)
Managed the web content area which included two direct reports. Created content for customers, business partners and IBM internals. Wrote all documentation to support applications on the sites including user interfaces, help documentation, and notifications to all audiences.
Facilitated dialogue with worldwide counterparts to ensure each region has accurate representation on all tools and documentation; results included a 40% increase in online orders from Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Created monthly usage statistics on the Passport Advantage sites; distributed to extended worldwide team; results used to determine future program enhancements
Created key messages to communicate program changes to customers and business partners via the five Passport Advantage sites in compliance with IBM legal policy
Managed migration of Passport Advantage Intranet site to IBM domain via ICONs
Collaborated with the Global eBusiness Transformation (GeT) team to create new ecommerce applications for customers from concept to production; results included a B2B online ordering tool, an order inventory management tool and an internal software configurator
Worldwide Subject Matter Expert on Passport Advantage online applications; represented the team at worldwide tradeshows
IBM Leadership Excellence candidate 2005; chosen to participate in IBM’s executive program in recognition of leadership ability
Web Presence Manager, IBM Passport Advantage, 1999-2000
Managed the content and overall design of the IBM Passport Advantage Web sites including a home page, Intranet, business partner and customer extranets. Created all content for the sites.
Liaised between a third party vendor and GeT on a redesign of the sites
Authored documentation to support new program launches; Produced and delivered strategic training to various geographic sales, marketing and operational audiences resulting in improved sales productivity
Authored and delivered web casts to convey key messages to operations personnel increasing effective communications between IBM and our customers
LOTUS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, Cambridge, MA 1990-1999
Web Content Manager, 1998 – 1999
North American Customer Service, Lotus Development Corporation
Resolved customer satisfaction issues received via email. Collaborated with other departments to ensure quick problem resolution.
Authored a synopsis of Customer Service issues and regularly reported to management resulting in enhancements to policies which alleviated known issues
Devised and wrote Customer Service policies and procedures handbook increasing the knowledge and effectiveness of Customer Service representatives
Designed the Lotus North American Customer Service (NA CS) Web site including the creation and management of all content for this external customer site; resulting in greater customer satisfaction
Editor, Lotus Connects, 1997-1998
Newsletter for Lotus Business Partners, Lotus Development Corporation
Managed all facets of creating and delivering a monthly publication in print and online for Lotus business partners.
Collaborated with editors worldwide resulting in consistent messages in all geographies
Participated in alpha and beta testing of new applications
Associate Editor, Lotus Connects, 1995–1997
Senior Administrative Assistant, 1990 – 1995
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Writing, Publishing and Literature, Emerson College, Boston, MA
A Manchester-based supplier of office furniture and office supplies is looking to expand its outbound sales force in the New England area. The candidate will not have to work from the firm’s offices and can operate from a home-office environment. Some travel will be required with occasional trips into the home office. Ideal location of the individual would include any major NE city, preferably Boston or Hartford.
Find and close sales of mid-level office furniture and office supplies to small through large companies and government agencies.
Will be responsible for lead generation and following up on company supplied leads.
Will need to maintain customer contact logs, and sales reports to management.
Ideal candidate should have strong sales experience in the B to B marketplace, ideally in the office furniture business. A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required as well as good communication and computer skills.
This is a full time position, incentive-based, with a base and generous commission structure.
Finance Professional with strong analytical and communication skills with experience bringing people together to tackle difficult issues. My management style, which draws on the basic tenets of quality management, is focused on quantifiable results driven by every member of the group. Record of analytics, strategic vision and results-oriented leadership across numerous industries and institutions.
Core Expertise includes:
Finance Operations Management
MA Families Organizing for Change
Project Coordinator who conceptualized, developed and grew Housing Connections, a state-wide tool to allow families of the disabled to connect to find housing for their loved ones. Led seminars on housing as well as transition topics; designed and led goal-setting process for Northeast region (2012 – present). www.mfofc.org/housingconnections/
Manager Cargo Revenue Accounting, with responsibility for accounting, customer service, collections, claims and records management (2000 – 2003).
Developed and implemented detailed quality metrics for all functions; instituted long-term performance improvement plan resulting in dramatic operational improvement over three years:
Reduced days sales outstanding by 70%.
Reduced oldest open invoices by 85%.
Reduced longest customer service response times by 96%.
Renegotiated collection vendor contract to save $800k (52%) with improved control processes.
Manager Long Term Cargo Planning, with planning responsibility for warehouses, equipment, automation, process, quality and data (1998 – 2000).
Implemented performance measurement and quality standards for field cargo operations.
Restructured O’Hare ware house renovation for savings of 13 months and $10 million (11%). Full scope of renovation completed within timeframe and budget.
Financial Analyst, Controller’s Division, responsible for collaborating with field maintenance operations to develop $1.9 billion operating budget (1997 – 1998).
Modeled maintenance productivity and cost to align spending with operational volume.
Valued numerous ESOP scenarios in support of union contract negotiations.
Education & Certification
MBA, Finance and Statistics
University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
Designed, tested and implemented proprietary investment strategy with average returns above the S&P500 but only 55% of the risk of long stock using equities and equity options (2007-2013).
Cooking instructor and blogger at www.ucancook.net, with a passion for teaching people to make food that is healthy, tasty and REAL.
Developed and taught Investment Club, an investment enrichment course for 4th and 5th grade students from 2005 – 2010. Designed 4-factor stock picking model for students based on writing web common in elementary schools.
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) from 2004 – 2009 and Education Surrogate Parent (ESPP) from 2006 – 2014 advocating for teens in the Massachusetts foster care system
Current board memberships: Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services Citizens’ Advisory Board, South Church Youth Board, Northeast Arc Transition Task Force
88 Waltham Street Maynard, MA 01754
C: 508.527.3726 • P: 978.266.2766
Accomplished and creative corporate communication and marketing professional with expertise in developing marketing plans, comprehensive media planning and execution of strategy. Talented and successful client – oriented manager focused on building and maintaining strong relationships. Adept at navigating all aspects of product marketing from a wholesale and manufacturing perspective. Develop, manage and execute all company and vendor events for established and prospective customers. Successfully pilot promotional events for customers and vendors alike from concept through completion.
Marketing & Office Manager
VBA Physician Network Services, LLC. Concord, MA June 2015 - Present
Innovative Healthcare Management Consulting Services
Maintain and improve marketing efforts for company website in Word Press V. 4.3.1.
Provide customer feedback and requests from customers through networking to report to LLC manager for improved processes.
Organize and update cloud – based systems including Quick Books Pro 2012 with Inuit.
Update and generate Networking reports in cloud – based Zoho CRM, Projects and Campaign database software.
Prepare all HR and Marketing on – boarding programs for CFO and Physician Executive to begin consulting for VBA.
Adjust and maintain yearly budget and Excel spreadsheets.
Prepare and report a quarterly account review to principals through networking efforts for discussion.
Assist on PowerPoint creation and auditing functions for client presentations.
Built and Maintain LinkedIn Profiles for company site and Executive Consultants.
Created all announcements and email blasts through Zoho Campaigns, Boston Business Journal and utilized other Media Vehicles to generate excitement with the addition of new consultants at VBA PNS, LLC.
Associate Product Manager
Harvey Building Products, Waltham, MA July 2013 - November 2014
Manufacturer and wholesaler of building products
Collaborated with Business Development and all members of the team to create comprehensive sales strategy, conduct analysis, and create event plans to identify new opportunities to provide our customer with added sales value and a consistently positive experience.
Built and maintained relationships with wholesale vendors, field sales managers and their customers.
Revamp annual Harvey catalog for all company wholesale and manufacturing product lines.
Developed new events and promotions for internal and external trade shows
Designed flyers, promotional materials and dealer/vendor events to promote The Harvey brand and individual wholesale products to educate our customers and their customers on our vast product lines.
Prototype development of new samples, kiosks and update/retro-fit existing showroom displays.
Rebuilt the web portal for outside sales and branch staff use by redesigning all wholesale and MFG literature, line cards, sell sheets, user guides and other sales assets.
Lead management of product line for larger distribution in PA and increased sales volume of Harvey Estate storm door series reboot.
Formulated and broadcast weekly emails and bi-monthly newsletters to the general population by contributing product introductions, updates and education.
Peabody Supply Company, Peabody, MA 2004 - 2013
Wholesale and retail supply chain
Designed comprehensive marketing plans annually. Managed $750k marketing budget. Efforts included direct mail, radio, print, billboard, cable, network television, customer promotions and events to reach an identified market. Increased attendance at annual vendor trade shows from 50 to 250 targeted attendees.
Developed, planned and executed semi-annual, company-wide vendor and customer events in a trade show-like venue.
Organized and ran all aspects of approximately 20 training events each year for customers and employees.
Delegated assignments to company employees before and during each event to ensure a smooth and effective event.
Qualified leads and built databases of potential clients in vertical markets. Analyze sales patterns to refine market for future sales events.
Directed work of web specialist focused on social media activities including blog posts, tweets and other social media content.
Plumber’s Edge Corporation, North Chelmsford, MA 1999 – 2004
Commercial/industrial wholesaler and retailer
Instituted and managed strategic customer and third-party relationships through trade shows, yearly events, promotions and presentations, mailings and other activities to leverage key competitive strengths. Effort generated hundreds of new leads and increased sales.
Developed comprehensive customer reference database to facilitate circulating mailers and vendor information. Increased exposure to 35,000 potential new customers per mailing.
Trade Show Manager
Schrager & Associates, Boxborough, MA 1997–1999
High-level management roundtable trade show marketing and coordination for Fortune 100 IT companies
Generated more than $800K in gross sales annually from contracting with vendors and clients.
Guided clients through trade show process; strategized on planning and execution of workshops.
Qualified leads through telesales; achieved and exceeded attendance goals for trade show producers.
Nonprofit & Volunteer Service/addtional employment
Acton Barn Cooperative, Inc., Acton, MA 1991-1998 Member - Board of Trustees
Worked at nonprofit early childcare & education center to uphold its mission and vision, set goals and policies, oversaw administration, evaluated performance, and monitored finances. Leadership positions included: Executive Vice President, Membership Co-chairperson, and Nominating Committee Chair. Assistant Manager at Ann Taylor, Inc. & Sales at The Gap Stores, Inc.
Bentley University, Waltham, MA - BS in Marketing and Management (Double Major)
Mary L. Scourick
17 Bear Path Lane, Hudson, NH 03051
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
More than 15 years of broad expertise in patient, product, software, and therapy marketing. Strong customer and patient focus, exceptional relationship management skills, experienced in driving results.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Product & Services Marketing Strategy Development Project Management
Creation of Programs & Collateral Social Media Engagement Budgets & ROI Analysis
Proficiency in Salesforce (CRM) Development of Procedures Market Research
NOTABLE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Developed and launched numerous high return initiatives to increase awareness and adoption of life-changing therapy option.
Created and launched (in FDA-regulated environment) company’s Facebook page, obtaining legal and regulatory approval on guidelines for posting and managing the page.
Managed all pre-launch and launch activities for a new clinical software suite, including beta site criteria and selection, positioning and pricing strategies, and sales implementation process, generating first sale 4-weeks post launch.
Recipient of several internal awards recognizing customer focus, dedication to improving patient care, and operational improvement.
NxStage Medical, Inc. – Lawrence, MA 2007 - 2015
Senior Marketing Manager, Patient Marketing (2010 – 2015)
Generated patient and community awareness of NxStage therapy through media outreach, peer-to-peer engagements, patient meetings, and educational materials.
Developed and launched numerous high return initiatives to increase awareness and adoption of home hemodialysis therapy, including:
Experience the Difference – program allowing patients to “test drive” therapy for one week; results: greater than 50% of patients subsequently start therapy.
Patient educational events – developed framework and resources for sales representatives to drive and facilitate events with customers wanting to grow their home hemodialysis programs; results: therapy prescriptions increased 50% at those programs.
Patient advocacy programs – identified and managed patient advocates for peer-to-peer discussions with interested patients and family members; grew program from 1 to 24 advocates.
Drove adoption and development of Facebook page in an FDA-regulated environment, obtaining internal legal and regulatory approval on page management guidelines.
Market Development Manager (2007 – 2009)
Created responsibilities for newly-created position designed to grow patient base through awareness, education, and support, including:
Managing PR activities, driving coverage of compelling patient stories in local and national media.
Developing educational collateral and web resources to increase awareness and consideration of home hemodialysis therapy.
Working collaboratively with not-for-profit kidney patient organizations to identify opportunities for effective partnerships to increase awareness of home hemodialysis.
Recipient of Kelly McManus Award, recognizing customer focus and dedication to improving patient care.
Baxter International, Inc. – Deerfield, IL 1987 – 2006
Global Senior Marketing Manager (2004 – 2006)
Worked in a matrixed environment developing and executing strategic marketing plans for all clinical software and web offerings.
Managed both U.S. and global marketing requirements after restructuring through frequent and effective communications with global counterparts.
Senior Marketing Manager (2002 – 2004)
Produced and launched patient testimonial video designed to increase demand for home therapy; managed all pre-launch and launch activities related to new clinical software package.
Generated sale of six-figure software package four weeks post-launch.
Marketing Manager (2001 – 2002)
Designed and implemented physician education follow-up program, managed pre-dialysis patient education programs, developed therapy messaging for field sales use.
Engaged 700 physician meeting attendees with monthly audio conferences, question/answer forums, sharing of best demonstrated practices, article reprints, and faculty tips.
Associate Marketing Manager (1998 – 2000)
Managed product line, including new product development and life cycle management; led cross-functional teams to drive improvements in profitability and customer engagement.
Drove and implemented over $1.5MM of product and manufacturing cost reduction projects, ensuring customer acceptance of any product changes.
Recipient of U.S. marketing’s 1999 Best Partner Award for outstanding customer support through marketing initiatives.
Masters of Business Administration - Lake Forest Graduate School of Management - Lake Forest, IL
Bachelor of Arts (Marketing) - University of Northern Iowa - Cedar Falls, IA
National Kidney Foundation Serving New England (2007 – 2015)
Drove corporate presence at annual Kidney Walk through sponsorship and employee participation.
National Kidney Foundation of Illinois (1999 – 2006)
Coordinated company participation in annual 5K walk, driving corporate backing as Presenting Sponsor from 2001 – 2006.
Recipient of Community Leadership Award in February 2004
United Way of Lake County (1993 – 1999)
Led company’s annual United Way campaign in various roles, including facility chairperson, events coordinator, and ambassador.
The Pennsylvania State University, December 2013
BS in Science, minor in Biomedical Engineering
GPA: 3.5, member of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
Microbiology Laboratory (Fall 2013)
Worked with a partner to identify and successfully isolate antibiotic producers on campus
Developed original research methodology and kept a written journal for the project
Engineering Design class (2010)
Led a team of four in redesigning a toy helicopter
Learned how to use softworks
Tutor, Penn State Learning Department (2009-2010)
Taught students math and chemistry part-time over the course of two years
Practiced communicating complex subjects in simple terms
Lab Assistant, Penn State Department of Microbiology (2010)
Prepared lab materials and set up lab stations for classes
Assisted the professor with teaching lab practices to students
Recruited new marketers to build up an independent distributor business
Learned about sales, marketing, and networking at training seminars
Historian Chair, Student Red Cross Club (2011-2013)
Elected Historian Chair by the club officers
Persuaded others to donate blood as a donor recruiter
Managed teams of up to 10 volunteers as an OSC at blood drives with up to 120 donors
Spoke publicly to promote blood drives in classes with more than 200 students
Recognized as volunteer of the semester for completing 140 hours of volunteer service
Penn State Karate Club, member (2011-2013)
Won 4th out of eight in sparring in Isshinryu World Karate Tournament
Placed 2nd in kata presentation and 3rd in sparring at Lennox Legacy Tournament
Taught new students self-defense techniques
Lead practice sessions at the senseis' request
Skills include MATLAB programming, cooking
Cell: (857) 225-2393
Results-oriented leader with over 15 years of proven expertise in sales and account management, business development, contract negotiations, training, and marketing. Recognized ability to communicate, implement, evaluate, and produce results in a variety of business settings. Proficient financial, interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Kept track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- · Served as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- · Communicated with customers via multiple social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact
- · Coordinated appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar
- · Proposed new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- · Established new customers and created new business from existing accounts, generating $8M in annual revenue for a major office supply chain
- · Sales responsibilities included qualification of leads, customer application process, quote generation, contract management, and collections
- Marketed finance rental program with first year’s revenues of $400K
- Successfully grew and maintained new accounts utilizing trade shows, direct calls, direct mail campaigns, “business reviews” and special promotions.
- Conducted product demonstrations via vendor shows, seminars, and electronic commerce training
- Managed account database (ACT) of over 4,000 customers
- Researched and generated prospective market lists
- · Provided customers with product and service information for 12 “Z Pizza” franchises
- · Coordinated various office support services, including purchasing, tradeshow /event planning, and facilities management
- · Developed client rapport, solved problems and efficiently communicated customer concerns to operational personnel
- · Repeatedly selected as a long-term substitute for teachers on maternity or extended medical leave
- · Fulfilled both short and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels (grades pre-K to 12)
- · Instructed classes of as many as 24 students; communicated with teachers, administrators and parents; and built a positive rapport with students
MERRIMACK VALLEY PAVILION, July 2014 – September 2015
TOWN OF ANDOVER, Andover, MA
Certified Substitute Teacher
October 2013 – June 2014
INFINIMED, Andover, MA
Sales and Marketing Assistant
January 2010 – October 2012
EXIT 41, Andover, MA
Call Center Representative for Z Pizza
February 2009 – December 2009
THE EAGLE–TRIBUNE, North Andover, MA
Outside Sales Representative
November 2006 – March 2008
OFFICE DEPOT, Billerica, MA
January 2000 – January 2002
Masters of Business Administration, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Management, Montclair State College, Montclair, NJ
Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Managed Account Database (ACT), Utilized POS Database
ANDRE´ S CAAMAN˜ O
Portfolio site: https://andrescaamano.journoportfolio.com
18 Carmine Road Nashua, N.H. 03063-3023 (603) 682-5701
Exceptionally focused award-winning publishing professional poised to deliver high-quality finished products and communications. Consistently meets daily deadlines, particularly when facing multiple and complex projects involving daily page design, while achieving quality editing, proofing and writing.
ª Extensive newspaper and publishing experience
ª Outstanding knowledge of editing and writing
ª Efficient leader and manager of editorial staff
ª Superior proficiency in proofreading techniques
ª In-depth expertise in print, web publications
ª Exceptional research and analysis abilities
ª Strong and creative page design skills
ª Proficient in managing multiple projects within deadlines
ª Editing and writing expertise on local news and education
ª Passionate, detail-oriented problem solver
ª Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe InCopy
ª Solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
ª Expert ability in QuarkXPress and NewsEdit Pro
ª Experienced in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
ª Strong expertise in various CMS, including Saxotech
ª Extensively trained in Associated Press style
RECENT RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
THE GARDNER NEWS, Gardner, Mass.
Analyze planning for upgrading and modernizing computer systems and pagination software. Coordinate development of Newspapers In Education program and annual supplement.
• Successfully scheduled and designed Newspapers In Education supplement despite delays prior to involvement.
• Initiated return of cosponsoring local political debates, including for Mayoral and City Council races.
Brand Quality Assurance Specialist 2014-2015
GYK ANTLER, Contractor, Manchester, N.H.
Proofread, copy edited and provided copy for all client print materials, websites, along with radio and TV spot scripts for more than 40 clients. Communicate with account management and clients to effectively troubleshoot content issues.
• Completed client materials for America’s Test Kitchen in lead up to website relaunch over weekend.
• Edited materials that led to long-term contract with state government client, following decade of unsuccessful bids.
Copy Editor 2014-2014
NEW HAMPSHIRE UNION LEADER, Manchester, N.H.
Assisted editorial desk with copy editing and proofreading of local and wire copy for three daily editions. Handled design, wrote and edited headlines for Page 1 stories and other sections as needed.
• Began production of completed page designs utilizing InDesign within first week on job for local news sections.
• Updated and maintained website, posting live between 25 to 60 articles and photos, along with editing for the site.
Senior News Editor/Newspapers In Education Director 2009-2014
THE GARDNER NEWS, Gardner, Mass.
Managed design, layout, copy editing and proofreading for six-day daily news and supplement pages. Directed interns, correspondents and up to six full-time staff reporters relating to story assignments and editing.
• Initiated a weekly column, Evolving Education, focused on area school district news.
• Authored more than 600 columns over a nine-year span, covering topics ranging from local news to sports.
• Guided one to two high school interns on weekly writing pieces and photography work for Voice page.
• Created and maintained Facebook and Twitter social media accounts, posting daily breaking news items and stories.
• Led and completed front page redesign in 2012, crafting multiple templates to vary daily layouts.
• Expanded NIE from 55 to 85 participating teachers, adding up to nearly 2,000 newspapers used weekly in classrooms.
• Grew NIE business donation program, to where more than 120 businesses contributed almost $8,000 annually.
Assistant Editor/Newspapers In Education Coordinator 2004-2009
Designed and finalized layouts for six-day daily local news, supplement and sports pages. Worked with team of two other editors to direct five staff reporters, providing guidance on story assignments and editing.
• Initiated writing weekly column, On Further Review, focused on local issues, increasing local opinion content.
• Conceived a second weekly column, On the Subject of Sports, with commentary on regional professional sports.
• Restarted internship program, training up to four students a semester on writing, photography and page design.
• Conceptualized and hosted a weekly radio show, The Gardner News Hour, on radio station WGAW-1340.
• Reinstated weekly Voice page, working with area high school students to submit articles and photos year-round.
• Originated newspaper moderation of televised debates for local Mayoral, City Council and School Committee races.
• Expanded NIE participation from four to 55 teachers in four years, totaling more than 1,100 newspapers weekly.
• Launched NIE business donation program, collecting more than $2,500 in annual contributions by third year.
• Redesigned Interactive Kid’s Page, while also instituting weekly recognition of area children’s artistic talents.
• Crafted initiative for reporters to write in-depth summer series, earning the newspaper a third-place NEPA award.
Night Editor 2004-2004
Designed, paginated, edited and proofread local news, specialty and sports pages for six-day daily.
• Initiated mandate with editorial desk to only place local news stories on front page, outside of major news events.
• Ensured late-night breaking news stories and photography were included into upcoming morning’s print edition.
TITLE I DISSEMINATION PROJECT, Malden, Mass.
Wrote feature stories, edited and designed quarterly education 16-page member newsletter, the Exchange. Designed, wrote and edited all organization publications, including books, conference materials and pamphlets.
• Administered complete redesign of organization’s website, from planning, testing, to regular site maintenance.
• Constructed members section on organization’s website to include downloadable PDF library of printed materials.
• Doubled page content for summer edition quarterly newsletter for consistent amount of content year-round.
• Created online registration system through website for upcoming state education conferences.
Third place, Sports Columns, Class III (Under 40,000 circ.) 2011
NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATED PRESS NEWS EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION, Boston
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Print Media
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Boston