Theresa L. David
(978) 828-9781 firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: theresaldavid
Results focused Controller performing month and year ends, budgets, audits, forecasting, data analysis and financial reporting for small and mid-sized companies. Energetic achiever with proven problem solving skills. Ability to focus and motivate staff to improve efficiency of the Accounting Department. Excellent communicator and able to work cross departmentally to identify and timely report key metrics.
Volunteer 2016 – Present Somerville Homeless Coalition, Inc., Somerville, MA
Form 5500 and IRS filings for company’s 401(k) plan unfiled for the past six years.
Accounting & Policy Manual.
Controller 2014 – 2015 Educate Online, Inc., Danvers, MA
Planned, coordinated and transitioned all accounting functions from MD to MA.
Brought company back into compliance with multiple states by filing annual reports and other LLC filings.
During a challenging year (4 CFO’s) able to manage and incorporate all changes while still meeting deadlines.
Controller 2014 – 2014 Brox Industries, Inc., Dracut, MA
During the companies peak season (1.2K sales tickets per pay) the billing department turned over. I designed a training manual which documented the processes of this department. We were then able to maintain the company’s billing close cycle.
Hired to provide guidance to nine direct reports in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Inventory functions within the Accounting Department. Coached staff to improve the flow of processes within these functions.
Within two months of hire coordinated the transfer of accounting software onto the company’s new server. Eliminated risk due to old server’s instability.
Controller 2005 – 2014 Clark & Reid Company, Inc., Billerica, MA
Managed and provided support for the annual audit. Reduced on site work of Auditors by 50% within my first year of hire.
Managed Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Human Resources functions for the company. Reduced time spent on payroll processing by 33% by writing reports using Ceridian report writing software to automate some reporting functions.
Acted as interim CFO during a medical leave of absence lasting three months.
Theresa L. David email@example.com (978) 828-9781 Page 2 of 2
Controller 2004 – 2005 Grand Wireless Corporate Office, Billerica, MA
Performed monthly and year-end closings for company.
Planned and organized year-end physical inventory and audit for company.
Performed variance analysis and report results to company President.
SOX Auditor 2004 – 2004 The Boston Globe, Boston, MA
Temporary assignment performed Sarbanes-Oxley testing for The Boston Globe as part of The New York Times organization. Tested compliance for Globe Specialties, a wholly owned subsidiary, and the single copy Circulation Department.
SOX Documenter 2004 – 2004 Watsco, Inc. Headquartered in Coconut Grove, FL
Temporary assignment prepared Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for the company’s Wilmington, MA subsidiary.
Vice President Finance 2003 – 2004 Heat Incorporated, LLC Hudson, NH
Organized, developed and forwarded our subsidiary reports to Watsco, Inc. corporate headquarters for quarterly and annual public filings (10Q and 10K).
Managed all accounting and credit functions for this company.
Assisted in a computer conversion from Next Gen to Mincron Software.
Chief Financial Officer 1998 – 2002 Santin Engineering, Inc. Peabody, MA
Controller 1996 – 1998
Company was in severe financial distress when hired. My actions brought the company back from the brink of financial disaster to profitability within one year of hire through sound business decisions.
Planned, organized and responsible for annual CPA review process. Reduced on-site review time by 80% within a year of my hiring.
Streamlined payroll function for the company. Decreased hours spent on this task by 67%.
Master’s in Business Administration Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
Beta Gamma Sigma – Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Part Time MBA Outstanding Student Award – Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Kathleen M. Boutot
59 Ponemah Hill Road, Bldg. 1-204
Milford, NH 03055
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION ANALYST
Dedicated and detailed-oriented professional with background in benefits management and compensation initiatives, providing cost effective programs designed to attract and retain top talent. Exceptional ability to organize, set priorities and complete multiple projects within established deadlines. Collaborative partner with strong analytic skills and effective communication in establishing successful partnerships with all levels of organization.
Successfully converted performance management program to competencies and goals-based automated system; introduced systems and pay-for-performance philosophy to executive management. Created employee/management training and communication plans for implementation at local site. Program subsequently adopted by corporate U.S. operations.
Established new employee benefit programs, including welfare and defined benefit/contribution plans, as a result of company buy-out. Exercised significant role in development of new plans; requiring close collaboration with coverage providers and corporate legal counsel, including design of plans and documents. Successfully implemented all plans, including all plan documents in compliance with governing laws and regulations, within the first year.
Converted from managed-care to consumer-driven health plan philosophy as a result of corporate-wide initiative for site. Introduced new plans to employees and management through instructive presentations, and development of educational material, including data supporting necessity for conversion to consumer-driven philosophy.
Led site in conversion from activities-based to outcomes-based wellness philosophy, creating program informational material and employee communication plan (used corporate-wide), resulting in improved employee satisfaction with program requirements.
Elbit Systems of America, Merrimack, NH 2005 - 2015
Owned by Elbit Systems Ltd., international leading provider of high-performance products and system solutions with operations in New Hampshire, Alabama, Florida, Texas and Virginia.
Senior Benefits and Compensation Analyst
Provided analytic and administrative function to develop, implement, manage and administer benefits and compensation programs and policies. Responsible for corporate performance management program, including system configuration, maintenance, employee/management training.
Designed, evaluated and modified benefits programs/policies to ensure current, compliant and competitive.
Performed feasibility studies, analysis, and surveys ensuring programs aligned with market trends.
Researched, interpreted and ensured compliance with federal and state regulations including HIPAA, COBRA, ACA and FMLA. Managed New Hampshire Workers’ Compensation program.
Administered benefit plans including medical/wellness program, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, section 125 plan, short and long-term disability insurance, defined contribution and defined benefit plans. Managed corporate executive 409a plan for all locations.
Coordinated company-wide employee meetings, open enrollments, annual biometric screenings, flu shot clinics. Provided guidance/advice to other locations’ Human Resources staff.
Professional Experience (continued)
Managed actuaries, vendors and legal counsel for Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan Form 5500's and nondiscrimination testing for welfare, defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Point of contact for defined benefit/contribution plan nondiscrimination and accounting audits.
Kollsman, Inc., Merrimack, NH 1985 - 2005
Leading manufacturer of avionics, electro-optic systems for commercial, military markets and medical instruments systems contractor.
Benefits and Compensation Analyst, 2005
Promoted into position, performing professional level analytic and administrative functions to develop, implement, manage/administer company benefits and compensation programs and policies.
Benefits and Compensation Administrator, 1994 - 2005
Promoted into position to provide benefits service and assistance in interpreting benefits and compensation guidelines and policies. Administer benefit programs in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Senior Personnel Assistant, 1985 - 1994
Personnel Assistant - Benefits
Responsible for organizing and processing benefits information and providing benefits service to employees.
Education & Professional Development
Lockton Dunning: Health Reform and Compliance, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA Reporting
Ceridian: ACA, COBRA, Employee/Manager Self-Service, Benefits Open Enrollment
SAP SuccessFactors: Human Capital Management, Performance Management, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Analysis and Design, Succession Planning
Institute for Personal Development: Benefits & the Law
Lorman: Workers Compensation Law Seminars/Workshops
New Hampshire Department of Labor: Labor Laws Seminars
Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green: Annual Employment Law Update Seminars
Uhas Computer Training, LLC: Basic/Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel
New Horizons: Basic/Advanced Microsoft Excel
Graduate, Mascenic Regional High School, New Ipswich, NH
Human Resource Affiliations/Memberships
Human Resources Association of Greater Concord
Greater Nashua Human Resources Association
New Hampshire Employee Benefits Council
Manchester Area Human Resources Association
Southern New Hampshire Survey Group
New England Employee Benefits Council
Society for Human Resource Management
Ceridian Human Resources Information System
Success Factors Performance Management System
Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Sandhya M. Karajgi (603) 494-3026 s firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Financial Accountant & Analyst
Experienced Accounting Professional with a demonstrated history of successfully managing all daily facets of organizational financial efforts. A strong communicator who interacts effectively with staff at every level of the organization. Expertise in streamlining processes and reporting for cost reduction and time savings. A proven ability to identify key risks for internal control purposes as well as compliance. A critical thinker with the ability to find solutions to problems.
General Ledger s Financial Accounting s Comprehensive Analysis
Budgeting s Reporting s Planning
Statutory & GAAP Compliance s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) s Managing Closings
Senior Accountant (Consultant position) - Statutory & Financial Reporting 8/2015-12/2015
Enel Green Power North America, Andover, MA
- Prepared financial statements & supported Manager preparing analysis over the landowner payments for all entities.
- Prepared accounting principles GAAP analysis (IFRS & USGAAP). Prepared standalone financial statements report to be provided to company’s partners. Performed analysis & prepared reports over the tax partnerships revenues for each closing period.
- Assisted with Audit requests. Provided assistance with the Treasury Dept Project in uploading the monthly activity into SAP, check clearing. Identified discrepancies, researched & found resolutions. Prepared & uploaded necessary entries into SAP.
Accounting/Finance Consultant - Dodd Frank – Regulatory Reporting Automation 10/2014 – 4/2015
TD Band, Bedford, NH
- Reviewed, researched and found resolution for edit check failures & RAID items.
- Reviewed & verified the mapping logic & worked with FWGs to resolve any questions & prepared the Audit Matrix.
Senior Staff Accountant (Consultant position) BPC Implementation Project 9/2013 – 12/2013
Bruker Corporation (Manufacturing – Scientific Instruments) Billerica, MA
- Reconciled various systems to BPC in local currency & USD and identify variances. Reconciled I/C balances and identified variances.
- Worked with Group Managers to find resolution & made appropriate entries. Tested BPC for accuracy.
Financial Analyst – New England Region 6/2012 – 12/2012
USI Holdings (Insurance - Brokerage) Woburn, MA
- Managed the monthly closing & forecasting & the annual Planning and Budget Process for the Boston OpCo.
- Produced & presented monthly financial package to Sr. Mgmt. Prepared revenue & expense variance analysis. Special Projects.
- Developed & maintained Regional & Corporate financial models. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Worked with Sales as a business partner to provide production & cash reports, commission reconciliations & earn-out calculations.
Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Corp Ops Administration 10/2011 – 4/2012
Fidelity Investments, Boston, MA (Shared Services Fin Ops)
- Managed the annual Planning & Budget Process (submission to Corporate) for Corp. Operations / Enterprise Functions.
- Managed the Corporate Operations/Enterprise Functions consolidation Essbase cubes. Produced monthly standard P&L reporting.
- Consolidated Report Verification & Validation & maintained account & reporting structure for the entire group.
- Led (jointly) reporting improvement efforts & led the Budget Adjustment Process.
- Prepared Monthly Corporate Flash Reports for all Corp. Operations / G&A Business Units.
Sr Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Financial Planning & Analysis Dept (CPD) 3/2010 – 9/2010
Graphic Packaging Int’l (Manufacturing – Packaging & Containers) Concord, NH
- Provided timely & relevant forecasts & analysis to Sr. Mgmt. Prepared Profit Elimination & assisted in the budgeting process.
- Worked with Sales & Senior Management to develop appropriate reporting package.
- Prepared & distributed Customer Margin Analysis & Divisional Margin Analysis. Special Projects.
- Enhanced Reporting capabilities. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis & reporting as needed.
Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant Position) – Financial Planning & Analysis Dept 5/2009 – 2/2010
Sterling Commerce, INC. (IBM Company) (Software) Lowell, MA
- Worked with functional groups (domestic & int’l) as a business partner to determine their financial needs.
- Responsible for the timely & competent analysis of budgets, forecasts, operating results to determine business achievement of stated business objectives. Provided timely & relevant forecasts & analysis to Sr. Management. Special Projects.
- Performed customer, product or market analysis as needed to support each functional area.
- Coordinated, prepared & distributed monthly financial package (domestic & int’l) to Sr. Mgmt.
- Worked with Executive Mgmt to identify & report against KPIs. Provided standard & ad hoc analysis & reporting as needed.
Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant - Reinsurance Accounting Dept 12/2003 – 10/2008
Liberty Mutual/ Liberty Agency Markets, Boston, MA
- Managed Internal Controls Attestation (SOX) for the whole Dept. System Administration & training for Certus System.
- Supported, communicated & coordinated audits with internal & external auditors & handled special projects.
- Coordinated & prepared quarterly GAAP & SAP Disclosure Checklist & detailed expense analysis with commentaries on variances & presented to Sr. Mgmt. Coordinated & prepared annual Ceded Premium Plan & monthly Operations Report.
- Managed the Affiliated Database for the whole Company & coordinated Business Continuity Plan.
- Financial Analysis with narratives for monthly, quarterly & annual activity.
- Budget & Planning for departmental expenses & Reinsurance activity. Participated in the Reinsurance System development. Oversaw accounting activities for all Residual Markets.
- Reviewed & approved journal entries & account recons for accuracy & completeness.
- Provided functional guidance and training for entry & staff Accountants.
Senior Reinsurance Analyst - Reinsurance Operations Unit 10/1999 – 12/2003
International Insurance Company, Manchester, NH
- Procured and maintained Letters of Credit for all unauthorized reinsurers.
- Coordinated the issuance of Letters of Credit on Assumed business and handled special projects.
- Handled commutation proposals and liquidation companies as well as coordinated global commutations.
Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting Department 7/1996 – 10/1999
National Grange Mutual, Keene, NH
- Maintained General Ledger for six Subsidiary Companies.
- Reconciled B/S & I/S accounts on a monthly basis, investigated unusual activities & found resolution.
- Prepared prepooled financials, coordinated and prepared Statutory Annual & Quarterly financials.
- Supported audits by the Insurance Dept, External & Internal Auditors & handled special projects.
Manager – Corporate Financial Accounting & Reporting Department 6/1996 & prior
AXA Re & AXA America (Insurance – Reinsurance) NYC, NY
- Trained personnel and evaluated their performance.
- Coordinated and prepared consolidated GAAP report to AXA Consolidation.
- Coordinated and prepared Consolidated Report for Budgets, Forecasts, Semi Annual and Annual Consolidations.
- Prepared expense budget and assisted in overall budget process including commentaries.
- Detailed review and completion of STAT, GAAP financials including Revenue Recognition.
- Oversaw fixed assets and all bookkeeping functions to ensure accuracy and timely disbursement of checks to vendors.
- Analysis of general expenses and commentaries on the variance.
- Executed Investment Accounting and State Compliance related schedules and reports.
- Preparation of GAAP and Statutory formatted board reports and assisted in the forecasting process including commentaries.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, h-lookups, macros, etc.), Power Point, Essbase, Hyperion Planning Models, Various Reinsurance Systems, Certus System (Attestation), Change Point, PeopleSoft, OutLookSoft, SharePoint, EDMS, Sagitta, SAP System, TM1 Reporting System, BPC Reporting System.
BBA in Accounting, Pace University, New York, NY
Kristyn E. Mohrmann
6 Hastings Lane Nashua, NH 03064
Boston Baptist College, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Biblical Studies with an emphasis in Church Ministry
Graduated May 2008, Cum Laude
Word of Life Bible Institute, Pottersville, NY
One year Bible certificate
Graduated in August 2005
Calvary Christian School, Derry, NH
Graduated in June 2004, High School Diploma
Sales Associate II April 2013-January 2015
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England Amherst, NH
Supervises Safety Inspection for Store
Represents Store at Regional Meetings for Safety Team
Operating Cash Register
Evaluating Donated Merchandise for Salability
Pricing of Merchandise
Seasonal Help – Cashier November 2012-December 2012
Target Corporation Nashua, NH
Operating Cash Register at Check Out
Contract Labor/Volunteer January 2011-July 2014
Northridge Church Derry/Londonderry, NH
Assist Pastor with Filing Paperwork
Teach Kids Church to 1st through 5th Grade Students
Sales Associate June 2007-May 2009
Payless Shoe Source North Andover, MA
Operating Cash Register
Kitchen Worker August 2006-May 2008
Boston Baptist College Boston, MA
Cleaning the Kitchen, Cafeteria, and Dish Room
STC (Summer Training Corps) Bookstore Supervisor June -August 2006
Word of Life Ranch Pottersville, NY
Supervise Students at Work
Tracking Cash Flows at End of Day
30 Cypress Lane Apt.6, Nashua, NH 03063; Phone (603)765-2881;
Education & Training ~
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Entrepreneurship in Small Business Management Certificate
Accounting, management principles, marketing principles, business communications, statistics, business law, and small business plan development.
Overall 3.0 GPA. 2004 Dean's List.
 OSHA Certificate in Construction Safety
 Middlesex Community College Bedford, MA
Associate in Science Degree- Liberal Studies
Studies include English Literature and composition; Microsoft Office; economics; environmental science; & graphic design.
 Infor ERP VISUAL Jobshop Materials Planning Window; Preparing Systems for Cycle Counts
 APICS enrolled Member Granite State Chapter
Studying for Basics of Supply Chain Management
Member of a team that developed & improved the organization’s operational plan with processes and procedures. The combination of materials requirements planning (MRP) ERP software, direct & indirect purchasing strategies, quality mission, & warehouse processes allowed production to minimize labor hours & inventory on-hand contributing to profits.
Planned, coordinated, and executed daily logistics & warehouse functions resulting in on time deliveries consistently in the 90the percentile.
Key team member that managed full cycle count system from set-up; entering; review; analysis; through general ledger entry ensuring inventories remain at a consistent high level of accuracy.
- Established & maintained open relationships across departments to facilitate communications & ensure that goals are accomplished and deadlines met. Related to different personalities. Collaborated with team members to effectively work through bottlenecks and analyze them. (Customer Service, Estimating, Shop Production Manager, Quality Control, Controller, Leads, & Technicians)
- Set up new part numbers, maintained multiple databases: two inventories over 5000 Part IDs; on time delivery log; work performed log.
- Maintained ABC coding & safety stock levels within part maintenance that aided customer orders being fulfilled timely through MRP and kitting.
Researched and reviewed vendors determining costs, availability, responsiveness, & volume flexibility providing input to team for final decisions.
Researched products & services to determine quality from non-quality across a wide range of concepts and industries. Obtain authorization on part substitute providing solutions to cost or lead time issues.
Reviewed requisition forms from Production Lead and Field Technician Leads. Determined through established process whether to forward the information or perform the buying function.
Input, send, and confirm purchase orders of indirect supplies & services in support of operations. Review order acknowledgements and follow up on existing orders.
Perform full MRP buying in a backup role.
Reviewed planned orders of raw materials & scheduled pick-ups.
Collaborated with buyer doing returns. Follow vendor policies regarding material or equipment returns. Return Material Authorization documentation.
Followed procedures regarding Document controls such as: Deviation Request; Bills of Lading; Freight forwarding; First Article Inspection; Material certifications
- Negotiated rate reductions in freight costs.
- Negotiated price reductions on shipping supplies.
- Infor Visual Manufacturing ERP system, Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, Scan, fax, email, messenger
1/2006 – 2/2016 NEW ENGLAND ORBITAL SERVICES
LOGISTICS; MATERIALS COORDINATOR; BUYER JUNIOR
Process Piping Industry/ ASME Certified Welders supporting Semiconductors, Emerging Technologies, R&D, Biotech & Order-driven Manufacturing
Salem, NH (603)870-5400
6/1995-2/2005 JIMMY’S PIZZA TOO; BILL THEOFILOPOLOUS
Lowell, MA (978)446-0342
- Customer service manager role. Service and line cook trainer.
- Shift lead of 5-10 employees
- Submit cash and check payment to vendors
- Closing and securing the shop for the night
Tori W. Orr
Interested in the synergy between art and science. Passionate about delivering context and elegant design when structuring information. Driven to create clear and useful internal employee, human resources, and public relations content strategy. Senior management and editorial experience in all aspects of digital communications and interactive products, business platforms and enterprise applications. Focused on making information culturally authentic. Excel at organizational communications, experience design, knowledge management, library science, and strategic problem solving.
- Strategic Communications using multiple platforms
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy & Social Media Consulting
- Knowledge Management systems
- Editing/Writing (both print and online)
- Public Speaking & Presentations
- Collection & Document Management
- Interface Design Schematics
- Data Organization (Taxonomy Development)
- Usability Testing & Focus Group Mediation
- Heuristic Analysis (Design Evaluation)
- Human Factors Research
- Reference Intake & Interviewing
- Service Delivery to Special Populations
- Outreach & Technical Instruction
User Experience & Web Content Manager, Harvard Medical School, 7/2013 – Present
A highly creative digital communications project manager and knowledge resource problem solver supporting more than 7,500 full-time faculty in 11 unique research science departments and the academic community as the information technology liaison.
• Collaboratively craft change management communications socializing the introduction of new products and services. Followed through with PMs and business leaders to achieve a balance between functional requirements, scope, schedule, and ongoing support.
• Managing editor for UX requirements and user workflow scenarios for the HMS knowledge management portal. Assess delivery risk and document costs against deadlines and existing budget in every project's continuous improvement (agile) life cycle
• Shared services operations management, goal setting, project milestones, budgets, staff supervision and performance evaluations
• Maintain partnerships with IT Steering Committee and Office of Communications to produce project effort estimates, reporting, and operational needs. Negotiate outcomes between parties with conflicting interests and advocate for organizational standards, brand identity style guides and reliable outsourcing strategies
• Successfully migrate to a new platform and manage product development processes (on the Drupal CMS) resulting in the cost reduction of a quarter million dollars in vendor support for HMS enterprise web services.
Technical Communications Manager, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, 10/2008 - 7/2013
Responsibility for over $2M in project resources. Lead an in-house agency delivering print and digital media communication plans and technically sophisticated marketing materials for 3,500 scientists, engineers, and executives. (DoD TS-SCI Clearance)
• Managed labor resources, mentored performance, and directed output of 25 creative digital media professionals. Launched, staffed, motivated and championed a new UX/UI design discipline within group
• Directed scientific communications campaign that led to a $17mil NASA award for the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
• Produced a brand identity to corporate intranet interface and community informed information architecture. Final product won the development team a laboratory awards
• Aided scientific and academic community outreach by providing resources for Lab outreach events, “Science on Saturdays,” the annual Daughters & Sons Days, and K–12 science (STEM) educational initiatives.
Manager, Digital Library Information Services, Montana State Library, 5/2004 - 6/2006
Managed information services for the Montana State Digital Library (MSdL). Head of information and government research services with a budget of $300K. Provide public access to government-sponsored research, GIS data, and biological information on Montana’s wildlife through the first digital institutional repository. Strategic responsibility writing RFPs, drafting access legislation, and providing technical documentation.
Director of Information Architecture, DentsuFuse (Tokyo, Japan), 3/2001 - 3/2002
Contractor for Japan's largest advertising agency. Launched a UX Division in the marketing group. Recruited and managed creative and technical teams. Created sales presentations for new business. Designed cross-cultural application with timekeeping, workflow and metrics reporting functions. Conveyed usability and technical information to a non-technical audience and corporate clients and front-end web production for Global Fortune 500 websites.
Senior Information Architect, USWeb/CKS and marchFirst, 4/1999 - 3/2001
Pioneering new media public relations and marketing agency headquartered in San Francisco. Designed the content standards and information flow required for B2B and B2C websites and consumer applications by applying usability and heuristic analysis. Drafted and conducted usability tests and focus groups. Connected users to applications by incorporating technical requirements into task flow and functional schematics.
Independent Consultant & Contractor 1995-1998
Ziff Davis & Bloomburg.com Created storyboards and concept designs for the original ZDtv website and broadcasting web-content to a national television audience.
IFusion.com Directed innovative interactive programming and online branding for multiple channels of news reporting and entertainment.
Paramount Digital Entertainment Copy edited both Bristol-Meyers Squibb "Women's Link" and the original “Star Trek Continuum” Website. Contributed as editorial writer, photographer, and tech support.
Northeastern University, M.S., Corporate & Organizational Communication, 2011-2012
Drexel University, M.S., College of Information Science & Technology, 2002-2005
University of Oregon, Dual Concurrent Undergraduate Degrees, B.S. Fine & Applied Art and
B.A. English Literature, 1992-1994
Presidio of Monterey Defense Language Institute and Goodfellow AFB, US Air Force, Honorable Separation (SSgt E-5), Military Operational Art & Science, 1985
CERTIFICATES, SPEAKING, and TEACHING
• "Agile Boot Camp" Certificate, ASPE, a division of Fortis College, 2015.
• "Human Interaction Laboratory" Certificate, NTL Institute 2012.
• Yale, Business School for Creative Leaders, Certificate, Yale and AIGA, 2010.
• Adjunct Professor, Drexel University, “Internet Information Resource Design” 2004-05.
• Guest lecturer for UC Berkeley Extension, 1999.
• Content Management panelist at The San Francisco Multimedia Center, 2001.
• Presenter at the SXSW Technology Conference, 2000.
Corinne L. Casazza
22 Merrimack Meadow Lane
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Web sites: www.CorinneCasazza.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/CasazzaWriting
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Manager, Learning Solutions Specialists (LSS) 1/3/14 – present
- Providing digital sales team with data/copy to drive leads from Deans at universities nationwide
- Partnering with digital sales team using internal tools/data mining to upsell new/upcoming products
- Leading team on transition to Salesforce.com including application testing, making recommendations to senior management and development, and writing the best practices guide
- Assisting senior management with the resolutions/assignations of projects and issues
- Managing/mentoring a team of two people
- Acting as a mentor to the extended team
- Creating and presenting trainings to sales team in person and via Webex
- Assisting digital sales team and senior management with creation of specifications and records to build custom technology for our customers
- Tasks listed under Learning Solutions Specialist below
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Learning Solutions Specialist 6/12 – 1/3/14
- Liaising between our clients and development team to resolve technical issues
- Managing two temporary employees on a daily basis to complete projects
- Delivering Webinars on Pearson technology to various internal and external teams
Technical writing including:
- Creating customized instructor and student documentation for Pearson projects including login, registration, and functionality of any technology delivered
- Composing and delivering email “fulfillments,” cross-referencing a variety of databases and providing streamlined information about completed custom education projects to internal sales teams and external clients
Pearson Education, Boston, MA
Digital Account Coordinator 4/11 - 6/12
- Generating weekly sales reports for sales employees and management
- Writing success stories that showcase Pearson products and the talents of our sales team
- Training temporary employees to create records on internal applications and fulfill projects
- Creating records for Pearson Education products such as ebooks, web sites, online courses etc. using proprietary internal database systems and other applications
- Writing and revising documentation for generating internal database reports
- Writing/revising the departmental policies and procedures guide
- Training sales team via Webinars on internal database and delivering corresponding documentation
Casazza Writing, Sedona AZ 3/10 - present
- Utilizing my experience as the published author of two novels, and a best-selling ebook, I bring the vision of my clients’ creative expression to light with the following services:
- Social media – Twitter, Facebook, web, blogs etc.
- Writing compelling web content
- Facilitating interactive writing workshops
- Conference/travel promotion including social media and press releases
- Creating marketing/sales emails
- Book/article editing
- Coaching clients through their writing and finding a process that works for them
Sedona Private Guides, Sedona, AZ 8/2009- 3/10
Responsible for Social Media presence of Sedona Private Guides
Marketing duties including:
- Creating new products (e-books, CDs, etc.)
- Keeping site content current
- Writing monthly ezines to customers, leads and prospects
- Writing email marketing campaigns to increase revenue
- Editing three best-selling books on Sedona
Sedona Training Associates, Sedona, AZ 2007- 2009
Responsible for Web presence of www.sedona.com including:
- Immersing The Sedona Method into Social Media
- Keeping site content current
- Overseeing ecommerce functionality
- Writing weekly ezines to customers, leads and prospects
- Creating joint ventures with other leaders in the self-help industry
- Writing email marketing campaigns to increase revenue
Stellar Productions, LLC, Sedona, AZ 2005-2007
Senior Web Presence Manager,
Responsible for Web presence of www.stellarproductionslive.com including:
- Redesigning the layout of the site
- Writing and posting all site content, press releases and event marketing
- Collaborating with Webmaster for changes to shopping cart, site navigator etc.
- Managing the email blasts for scheduled events
- Writing articles for local papers to promote events
IBM, Inc., Cambridge, MA 1999-2005
Senior Web Presence Manager, 2000 – 2005
IBM Passport Advantage (volume software licensing program)
Managed the web content area which included two direct reports. Created content for customers, business partners and IBM internals. Wrote all documentation to support applications on the sites including user interfaces, help documentation, and notifications to all audiences.
Facilitated dialogue with worldwide counterparts to ensure each region has accurate representation on all tools and documentation; results included a 40% increase in online orders from Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Created monthly usage statistics on the Passport Advantage sites; distributed to extended worldwide team; results used to determine future program enhancements
Created key messages to communicate program changes to customers and business partners via the five Passport Advantage sites in compliance with IBM legal policy
Managed migration of Passport Advantage Intranet site to IBM domain via ICONs
Collaborated with the Global eBusiness Transformation (GeT) team to create new ecommerce applications for customers from concept to production; results included a B2B online ordering tool, an order inventory management tool and an internal software configurator
Worldwide Subject Matter Expert on Passport Advantage online applications; represented the team at worldwide tradeshows
IBM Leadership Excellence candidate 2005; chosen to participate in IBM’s executive program in recognition of leadership ability
Web Presence Manager, IBM Passport Advantage, 1999-2000
Managed the content and overall design of the IBM Passport Advantage Web sites including a home page, Intranet, business partner and customer extranets. Created all content for the sites.
Liaised between a third party vendor and GeT on a redesign of the sites
Authored documentation to support new program launches; Produced and delivered strategic training to various geographic sales, marketing and operational audiences resulting in improved sales productivity
Authored and delivered web casts to convey key messages to operations personnel increasing effective communications between IBM and our customers
LOTUS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, Cambridge, MA 1990-1999
Web Content Manager, 1998 – 1999
North American Customer Service, Lotus Development Corporation
Resolved customer satisfaction issues received via email. Collaborated with other departments to ensure quick problem resolution.
Authored a synopsis of Customer Service issues and regularly reported to management resulting in enhancements to policies which alleviated known issues
Devised and wrote Customer Service policies and procedures handbook increasing the knowledge and effectiveness of Customer Service representatives
Designed the Lotus North American Customer Service (NA CS) Web site including the creation and management of all content for this external customer site; resulting in greater customer satisfaction
Editor, Lotus Connects, 1997-1998
Newsletter for Lotus Business Partners, Lotus Development Corporation
Managed all facets of creating and delivering a monthly publication in print and online for Lotus business partners.
Collaborated with editors worldwide resulting in consistent messages in all geographies
Participated in alpha and beta testing of new applications
Associate Editor, Lotus Connects, 1995–1997
Senior Administrative Assistant, 1990 – 1995
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Writing, Publishing and Literature, Emerson College, Boston, MA
A Manchester-based supplier of office furniture and office supplies is looking to expand its outbound sales force in the New England area. The candidate will not have to work from the firm’s offices and can operate from a home-office environment. Some travel will be required with occasional trips into the home office. Ideal location of the individual would include any major NE city, preferably Boston or Hartford.
Find and close sales of mid-level office furniture and office supplies to small through large companies and government agencies.
Will be responsible for lead generation and following up on company supplied leads.
Will need to maintain customer contact logs, and sales reports to management.
Ideal candidate should have strong sales experience in the B to B marketplace, ideally in the office furniture business. A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required as well as good communication and computer skills.
This is a full time position, incentive-based, with a base and generous commission structure.
Transformational Beginnings Program Manager
The Transformational Beginnings (TB) Program Manager guides and supports all youth who participate in the Mattress Deconstruction and Recycling Enterprise, the first phase of workforce programming. S/he plans and implements daily structured programming, which includes working in the mattress recycling warehouse, workshops, talking circles, and orientation sessions. Above all else, the TB Program Manager identifies as a dedicated youth worker with a passion for transitional employment programming. The individual values innovation and creativity and is inspired to address the challenges and benefits of an integrated youth development social enterprise business. Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs, the position also works with the Chief Innovation Officer, Mattress Recycling Operations Manager, Director of Youth Promise, and TB Coaches to develop, manage, and support the Mattress Recycling social enterprise.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- · Supervise and manage a crew of up to 20 youth in the mattress recycling warehouse
- · Develop, plan, and facilitate Transformational Beginnings orientation and weekly workshops for new enrollees to UTEC’s workforce development programs
- · Complete weekly performance reviews for all youth who complete 3 days of attendance per week
- · Responsible for promoting 4-5 youth a month to the next stage of programming (food services or woodworking)
- · Provide support to the Mattress Recycling Operations Manager and Chief Innovation Officer in developing and maintaining operations process and protocols in Mattress Recycling
- · Collaborate with the Senior Director of Programs, Director of Youth Promise and workforce staff in implementing quality integrated programing and preparing youth for a continuum of workforce and educational opportunities
- · Manage youth time sheets, attendance, payroll, evaluations, and daily activities and enter data in ETO, UTEC’s performance management database
- · Supervise 1 AmeriCorps member in Mattress Recycling
Qualifications and Competencies
- · At least 3 years of youth development experience with proven-risk youth
- · At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
- · Experience developing lesson plans and an understanding of group dynamics
- · Flexibility: Thrives in a hectic and fast paced environment; open to other perspectives
- · Commitment: Genuinely cares about the youth’s and UTEC’s success
- · Relentless: Does not give up on youth, proactively reaches out to youth, can see youth succeeding even when the youth cannot see it her/himself
- · Leads by Example: Demonstrates punctuality, reliability, sound judgment, stress management and team work to corps members, other staff, and youth; works side-by-side with crew on-site or off-site
- · Controlled Response: Remains calm and objective when confronting defense-provoking situations; tolerates stress
- · Creativity: Develops innovative solutions to challenging problems and creates engaging, fun workshops and program experiences for youth
- · Coachable: Open to feedback and personal and professional improvement
- · Relationship Builder: values and nurtures relationships between self and youth, self and community partners, self and colleagues
- · Drive: Hunger to do an excellent job, a passion to own one’s work, proactively comes up with systems and solutions to make one’s work more effective
- · Well Organized: Can manage at the high level while keeping day-to-day on track
- · Attention to Detail: Creates and maintains protocols that enhance youth experience and provides positive environment for youth
- · Team Player: Upholds UTEC’s mission, values, and vibe
- · Sense of Humor: Ability to laugh at oneself a must!
Benefits: 3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid sick days, and health/dental benefits (50-85% subsidized).
Strong candidates should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type “Transformational Beginnings Program Manager” in the subject line of the email. Candidates whom we choose to interview will be contacted. Please no calls or email about this position.