Michelle D. Omo
email@example.com• (979) 595-6020
Marketing Strategist & Account Management
Strategic Marketing Plans | Project Management | Relationship Building | Customer Retention
A connector and a storyteller. A detail-oriented and and organized marketing strategist who finds your story and helps you tell it. An account manager with a documented record of productive marketing strategy development that helps organizations stand out. A proactive communicator who combines creativity and attentive planning to articulate and deliver on business goals and objectives while ensuring brand consistency. Innovative and clever as well as process-driven and structured. An organized and astute manager with a strong aptitude for building and nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders. A quick learner and proactive leader with a proven ability to manage projects, streamline processes, and effectively organize systems in partnership with cross-functional teams. Other skills include adaptability, charisma, strong work ethic, and singing.
Areas of Expertise
Marketing & Communications
Creative Problem Solving
Public Speaking, Presentations
Project Timeline Management
New Business Development
Customer Relationship Management
Networking, Client Cultivation
Career Highlights & Achievements
Designed and managed an online marketing project called “I Am More Than Homeless” for Giving Tuesday, a 24-hour giving campaign, utilizing new marketing strategies which ultimately raised $20,000 for ANEW Place and increased awareness of the organization in the community.
Created a new annual fundraising event in the form of a Rock Paper Scissors Tournament Fundraiser which raised over $10,000 for ANEW Place.
Implemented a new monthly donor program called “StoryShapers” and recruited over 125 new monthly donors for ANEW Place in two months.
Developed comprehensive marketing and public relations strategies after ANEW Place’s rebrand thereby establishing a comprehensive and consistent brand presence in the community.
Identified opportunity to increase efficiency of in-house order management & delivery and initiated the implementation of a new catering system at New Moon Café.
Implemented new room set-up strategy and system at the Courtyard Marriott that routinely updated facilities calendar. Resulted in a positive impact on both customer and employee experience.
ANEW Place Homeless Shelter & Services Burlington, VT 2015 – 2017
DIRECTOR, DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
A newly created position after a comprehensive rebrand of the organization’s mission and programs.
Ensured accurate representation of organization's desired image and position, both internally and externally. Increased ANEW’s social media presence and followership.
Created new marketing literature articulating ANEW’s rebranded image and programs and supervised the design and distribution of all marketing materials, including quarterly newsletters, brochures, special events materials, and e-marketing.
Wrote press releases, participated in radio interviews, and supervised the maintenance of all web updates.
Cultivated and grew current and potential individual, corporate, and foundation donors through gratitude phone calls and letters, in-person meetings, and tours of ANEW Place.
Researched and wrote grant proposals for corporate and foundation grant funders. Conceptualized, implemented, and supervised all fundraising special events.
Attended networking events and community events to inform and educate the community about the work of ANEW. Gave informative presentations at businesses, organizations, churches, schools, etc. explaining ANEW’s programs.
Directly supervised the Outreach Coordinator in marketing design, data entry, volunteer coordination, and meals program management.
150 Cherry Street, Inc. 501(c)(3) Burlington, VT 2013 – 2014
COORDINATOR, CATERING & CRAFT SERVICES - New Moon Café, Burlington, VT
Led 15-member catering team and governed all elements of in-house events, banquets, and receptions for up to 150 people. Managed logistics and planning for sponsored community and charitable events.
Streamlined catering and in-house event menus to reduce confusion and redundancy.
Developed proposals and solicitations to grow clientele. Proactively communicated with new and existing accounts in order to build rapport and drive repeat and new business.
Drove brand consistency on catering and in-house event informational packets, proposals, FAQ’s, and order forms.
Leveraged technology to build online catering calendar and client database tool. Trained staff on standard tracking methods to increase order/delivery accuracy and improve customer satisfaction.
MANAGER, OPERATIONS - Lion’s Gate Farm, Huntington, VT
Managed purchasing, logistics, inventory, and fleet vehicle operations for the farm and restaurant.
Supervised 6 teenage interns, modeled character, farming best-practices, and life skills.
Ensured consistent and thorough house-keeping and hospitality needs for the farm/bed & breakfast.
Organized various special events and daily/weekly community meetings .
Assisted in feeding the animals and performed various farm chores.
Forerunner Music AcademyKansas City, MO 2008 – 2012
The Matthews Group Marketing & Advertising Agency Bryan, TX 2007– 2008
COORDINATOR, SALES & MEDIA
Prepared production schedule for graphics department. Prioritized and delegated tasks/projects in order to meet client and media deadlines.
Liaised between clients, graphics department, and local media outlets. Coordinated media requests and press releases for clients and proofread ad copy for accuracy. Assisted with film/photo shoots & selected voice talent.
Facilitated the purchase of advertising space in a variety of media outlets valued. Championed a creative team environment to help foster innovative and new ideas.
Courtyard by Marriott College Station, TX 2005 – 2007
MANAGER, GROUP SALES
Key accounts manager for inside sales, coordinated group blocks, negotiated prices for sleeping & meeting rooms.
Communicated effectively to address all customer services issues and staff management/training challenges.
Revised email templates and informational folders to ensure consistent brand and style.
Planned, promoted and represented company during site visits, bridal shows, and meeting planner showcases.
Diploma Music: Voice & Piano, Forerunner Music Academy, Kansas City, MO, May 2012
Bachelor of Arts: Speech Communications, Minor: Spanish, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, May 2005
Courses & Certifications
Graphic Design 1, Community College of Vermont, Winooski, VT, May 2016
Inbound Certification, HubSpot Academy, March 2017
I enjoy building connections. A budding rock star, singing and playing piano at leisure. It is exciting to lead an entire room in song and watch the connections begin. I also enjoy hiking, traveling, exploring, dogs, camping, and hollering for Boston sports teams.
Brian P. Kane
17 Lucaya Circle
Wilmington, MA. 01887
(978) 360-2422 (mobile)
Summary of Qualifications:
• A positive and hard working leader focused on providing positive results, professionalism, and a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills with focus on detail and accuracy.
SAP, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, CRM
IBM (via Zero Chaos) July 2014-October 2014
Channels Operations Specialist, IBM Americas Software Sales Operations
• Provide operational insight and support to the Americas Software Channel Operations team.
• Oversee and execute a cross organizational rebate recovery process working with Sales, Finance, Business Transformation, and Customer Fulfillment.
• Manage Americas distributor rebate review and approval process.
IBM (via Staff Logix) April 2010-May 2013
Software Value Incentive (SVI) Program Administrator, IBM Software Channel Sales Operations Team
• Supported over 200 IBM Business Partner relationships in Software Value Incentive (SVI) partner rebate program. Including daily review and the end to end process of partner opportunities for approval and payment.
• Annual analysis and review of over $400 million in partner opportunities each year.
• Provided education and program detail to partners via direct calls, email, and conference calls on a daily basis.
IBM January 1995- March 2010
Special Bid Pricing Manager October 2008-March 2010
• Reviewed all of IBM software discounting requests for the New England and Upstate New York region. Managed bid volume on a daily basis for the New York & New England area. Annual discounting requests of over $80 million in this region.
• Provided a broad range of operational support to IBM Software Group sales and other extended teams to ensure bids are within guidelines that align with PA Offering, revenue recognition, price delegation, channel strategy, and audit requirements.
• A subject matter expert to sales, pricers, and extended sales operations teams providing leadership, advice and expertise on end to end process and requirements.
SVI Program Administrator March 2006-October 2008
• Managed over 200 IBM Business Partner relationships across North America and Canada.
• Approved or denied all new enrollments within 24 hours based on IBM program certification requirements for partners in North America and Canada. Improved overall cycle time by 50%, as well as implementing new documentation process for partners, which was approved by management.
• Primary SVI contact for all program exceptions in North America.
Order Management Account Team September 1999-March 2006
Held a number of different job roles within the IBM Order Management team, increasing responsibility and job scope with each new role.
• Dispute Resolution team: Worked with external customers and IBM A/R to resolve issues surrounding outstanding Accounts Receivable balances. Resolved most disputes on team each month June 05-December 05 resulting in over $5 million in IBM revenue.
• Channel Account Manager for Tech Data US and Canada Q2 2005: Managed relationship for any issues, order inquiries, and part number issues with Tech Data.
• Lotus Authorized Education Centers (LAECs) Account Rep: Liaison between Lotus education and students, including courseware ordering for training classes. Resolved all customer issues and rush shipments for IBM classes.
• IBM Internal Orders Rep: Managed the end to end process of all customer IBM internal orders. Focal point with distribution and shipping departments to ensure all orders were shipped on a daily basis. Improved customer satisfaction through improved cycle time.
Contract Administrator, Support Administration April 1998-September 1999
• Acted as a subject matter expert for IBM channel and inside sales reps on IBM Passport Advantage customer support contracts and support issues.
• Ensured that all support contracts were complete and met IBM business conduct guidelines and program criteria.
Lotus Products Support Console Representative January 1995-April 1998
• Supported Lotus technical support customers as a phone rep. taking over 100 phone calls on a daily basis. Working with support analysts to resolve customer issues and problems.
• Sold technical support incidents and contracts to Lotus customers on a daily basis.
• Number one in sales on the team in both 1996 & 1997. Total sales of over $100K each year. Received bonuses for being first in sales each month.
Salem State College, Salem, MA., 1994
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Concentration: Marketing
Received three "Thank you" awards, as well as an IBM Bravo award in 2005.
IBM Keypal Program-Mentoring program for 5th and 6th grade Cambridge students from 2007-2009
Wilmington Little League coach and executive board member 1987-present