Kevin Willett's blog
* Lowell, MA 01854 * 978-314-9200 * email@example.com
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Strategic Talent Tewksbury, Ma
Talent Advisor (Specialized niche in Accounting & Finance) October2012-October 2013
- Qualified candidates for Accounting, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations, Trust and Estate employment opportunities
- Served as a primary contact for candidates and clients
- Provided high return on intellectual capital by developing strong relationships with clients
- Streamlined the candidate screening process by frequently checking in with candidates from beginning to close
- Conducted thorough debriefing with every candidate and client after interviews
- Constructed innovative methods in finding new ways to source for “hard to fill” positions
- Collaborated and consulted with clients to create job descriptions
- Actively provided new content the hiring process for firms blog (i.e. networking, keeping motivation, and social media)
- Expanded the firms social media marketing efforts
- Regularly attended professional networking events
- Established relationships with over 300 new candidates outside of the bullhorn database
- Managed several different accountants and worked a “full desk”
- Acquired new business clients
- Presented at “New England Women’s Leadership Summit 2013”
- Provided valuable information on resume writing, the interview process and social media tools
Keurig, Inc. Reading, MA
University Recruiting Coordinator (Contract) November2011-October 2012
- Supported University Recruiting Manager and University Recruiter with full cycle recruiting efforts:
- Posted internships on internal and external college job boards, compiled resumes, scheduled interviews, arranged travel for candidates, prepared offer letters, and assisted with all pre-hire paperwork
- Acted as point of contact for candidates
- Conducted reference and background checks for candidates in final rounds
- Communicated with students on inquiries about the employment and application process
- Responsible for travel accommodations for out of state interviewers and the University Recruiting Manager
- Presented to a class of interns on resume writing
United Plastic Fabricating, Inc. North Andover, MA
Human Resources Administrator July 2008-July 2011
- Supported VP of Human Resources with life status change benefits, reported 401K contributions, worked on OSHA compliance, OSHA training classes, conducted training classes for new laws, prepared annual reviews for managers to review and report, ran monthly insurance billing, reported workers compensation claims, handled paper work for long and short term disability, processed merit and promotional increases through Paychex
- Scheduled candidate interviews, conducted onsite interviews, extended offers to candidates, managed the new hire paperwork, scheduled external drug test, and conducted new hire orientation
- Initiated after work team building events for employees to bond, which drew about 45 employees. Events included: Employee bonding nights and annual holiday events
- Developed and edited the internal quarterly company newsletter
- Acted as a point of contact for Human Resources related inquiries from internal customers
- Established scholarship program to encourage employees’ children to apply for education assistance
- Researched and presented to CEO a new Security system for the company
197 6th Street Apt. 3 * Lowell, MA 01854 * 978-314-9200 * firstname.lastname@example.org
According To Danny: Rookie Retreat, Cheshire, Ct 2013
Danny Cahill Training (Hobson’s Associates)
Emmanuel College, Boston, MA 2013
Master of Science in Management
Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI 2008
Bachelor of Science
Recipient of AmeriCorps Scholarship for Service Program scholarship; completed 300 hours of service
Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research, Bullhorn, LinkedIn Premium, Hootesuite, Taleo, Paychex, Stromberg, Paylocity, Hodes
I am excited to announce that we are now offering video interviews. Each interview will last between five and ten minutes and the cost is $20.00. This is how it will work:
- You will need a webcam on your computer, tablet or phone.
- We will be using Google Hangouts so you will need a Google + account. They are free and easy to setup if you don’t have one.
- We will introduce you and then highlight one piece of your business for the interview.
- The fee does not include any video editing.
If you have further questions please call me at 978-995-1743 or email me at Kevin@friendsofkevin.com
The first step in our strategy is a free on-site evaluation of your current equipment. Chances are you already have more equipment than you need. We ensure that the existing printers are properly distributed and deployed throughout your organization.
We then develop a cost per copy maintenance program for your entire fleet, which includes toner, labor, and parts. You will receive a single invoice that gives you the ability to truly manage your printer costs.
We handle service issues, maintenance, and help desk calls, all handled by certified HP-technicians. We can handle any size organization on a local or national basis.
We revisit our solution every four months to ensure that our solution is meeting the current needs of your business.
We would be happy to do the same for you. Please contact us Rob Nickerson at 781-272-2034 ext. 137.
3 Ferdinand Street #2, Worcester MA 01603 ● (774) 262-9090 ● email@example.com
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 15 year of customer service experience
- Government economic, housing and community development program management and policy expertise
- Skilled grant writing and grant management experience
- Organizational capacity building and strategic planning expertise
- Exceptional public speaking, community building and event planning skills
- Strong cross-cultural communication and community advocacy skills
- Experience with strategic partnering, facilitation, and training.
LANGUAGES: Advanced French (10+ years) Intermediate Arabic (MSA) (3+ years)
Monterey Institute of International Studies May 2007 Monterey, CA
~A Graduate School of Middlebury College~
- Master of Public Administration in International Management, May 2007
- Capstone: The Lyceum of Monterey County – Strategic Marketing and Visioning
Middlebury College May 2004 Middlebury, VT
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude in International Studies, European Studies Track, Focus in Sociology
- Middlebury College Arabic School June 2004 - August 2004
- Middlebury College French School June 2002 – August 2002
Sciences-Po/Middlebury Paris Program January-June 2003 Paris, France
- Semester abroad with coursework exclusively in French
The School for International Training/Cameroon Fall 2002 Ngaoundere, Cameroon
- Cultural immersion program with coursework in French, culture and development and field study skills
City of Worcester Transitional Housing Manager (3/12-8/13) Worcester, MA
- Manage the City’s homeless programs and projects including CDBG, HOME, CoC and ESG contracts
- Regional Coordinator for the Worcester County Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness
- Facilitating the development of a new Triage Center; balancing community issues and City resources
- Leading the charge to ensure appropriate discharge planning and respite bed planning for the homeless
- Developing the Worcester County Homeless Resource Binder and provided training for City Staff
- Assisting in the development of a Panhandling Action Plan and Outreach Program for the City
- Building a collaborative regional homeless network focused on effective and efficient resource utilization with the goal of preventing homelessness and providing a safety net for those at-risk of homelessness
City of Worcester Commercial & Industrial Development Manager (10/10-3/12) Worcester, MA
- Oversaw the City of Worcester’s Brownfields Remediation Program
- Wrote a successful $600,000 EPA Revolving Loan Fund Grant
- Managed 5 U.S. EPA Assessment, Cleanup and Revolving Loan grants totaling over $4M
- Managed the cleanup, demolition and redevelopment for the South Worcester Industrial Park
Monterey Co. Redevelopment & Housing Office Redev. & Hsg. Analyst II (5/07-6/09) Salinas, CA
- Wrote 3 successful State and Federal housing and redevelopment grants totally over $400,000 and assisted in writing several other grants totaling over $1M.
- Implemented and managed over 7 CDBG, HOME, CalHome and EDA grants for project and programs.
- Conducted research and analysis of affordable housing implementation, including utilizing new State and Federal funding sources.
- Evaluated grants and proposed legislation to build a funding strategy for projects in Castroville.
- Prepare press releases, briefings for elected officials, staff reports and presentations before the County Board of Supervisors and Housing Advisory Committee.
Freedom from Hunger Consultant (2/07-3/07) Davis, CA
- Wrote a literature review on adolescent girls in rural India for a FFH/Nike Foundation self-help program
- Reviewed over 200 documents, created an annotated bibliography of training materials to be used in the project
The Innova Project Consultant (1/07-5/07) Monterey, CA
- Worked with the Collaborative for Salinas Youth to build capacity and inspire innovation
- Conducted a situational assessment using Appreciative Inquiry and laid the groundwork for strategic planning
The Lyceum of Monterey County Academic Event and Program Specialist (9/06-5/07) Monterey, CA
- Monterey County Coordinator for Mock Trial, History Day and Spelling Bee 2007 (organized all events)
- Created training manuals, designed school contract programs, assisted with class organization and registration.
- Responsible for all fundraising for the annual History Day Competition
Rising International Executive Assistant/Internship (5/06-5/07) Felton, CA
- Completed the organization’s business and strategic plan including designing an economic impact assessment, conducting living wage assessments for various communities worldwide, extensive research and writing of competitive analyses for the industries in which they work, creating charts and editing
- Mini internship in the fall of 2006 researching artisan groups worldwide, designing a cover letter and questionnaire, and selecting groups to purchase crafts. Helped form and manage the Product Selection and Design committee and currently serve as an active member.
TransFair USA Volunteer (10/04-3/05) Oakland, CA
- Volunteered in the administration office answering phones, putting together promotional material, creating spreadsheets, organizing and preparing offices for new employees, and other admin duties.
Population Media Center Internship (12/03-6/04) Shelburne, VT
- Translated documents from French into English for the Mali program
- Wrote news articles describing their programs for the 2003 annual report
- Helped plan a conference including negotiating a venue and activities for the international participants
- Conducted interviews, performed internet research, made phone calls, proofread documents
Knights Airport Limousine Reservation Specialist (7/10-10/10) Shrewsbury, MA
- Answered phones, made travel reservations, updated customer service protocols, answered emails
Restaurant Industry Server/Bartender (8/03-9/06) Vermont, California
- Worked in fine dining French, Italian and American restaurants
Middlebury College Office of Alumni Giving Student Phone-a-thon Rep. (2/02- 5/03) Middlebury, VT
- Contacted alumni, gave college updates, and encouraged their financial support
Checkerboard L.T.D Customer Service Specialist (8/99- 8/02) West Boylston, MA
- Performed office duties and corrected customer problems in a creative, time and cost efficient manner
- Helped train new employees and worked to enhance cooperation and communication in our group setting
- Supported customer needs via email, our website, high volume calls and effective multitasking
Filenes (Macy’s) Customer Service Specialist (06/98-8/99) Auburn, MA
GENERAL VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Worcester Animal Rescue League Volunteer (3/13 – Present) Worcester, MA
- Work as part of the “Kong Krew” – Kong enrichment program which provides kongs filled with treats to dogs and observes and tracks their behavior; perform general shelter sanitation operations
African Community Education Mentor (4/13-Present) Worcester, MA
- Mentor an African refugee weekly
SPCA for Monterey County Volunteer (2008-2010) Monterey, CA
- Fundraised as part of the annual Wag and Walk which raised over $100,000 annually for the shelter
- Participated in beginner and intermediate dog training classes
Middlebury College Class Agent (2004-Present) Location variable
- Encourage Middlebury Alumni to donate annually to the Class of 2004 fund
Addison County Humane Society Volunteer (2003-2004) Middlebury, VT
- Trained and engaged in dog walking program