Kevin Willett's blog
(617) 818-1920 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Manager Inside Sales /Business & Sales Development who brings demonstrated skills in creating and implementing structured and customized sales processes and a consistent track record of building highly
successful sales and business development teams that exceed sales and business efficiency goals in a variety
of B2B and B2C markets. Proven ability to create strategy, initiate, deploy and sustain business initiatives in high growth and turnaround scenarios. Interact with and obtain C-level management support. Implement major programs that drive sales success and integrate with marketing, field sales, and operations groups. Experienced project leader in development of IT/OPS strategic initiatives and key management tools (metrics, data analytics, CRM deployment and management, SFA and business process improvement, KPIs, call monitoring/quality assurance, sales training, sales enablement, sales productivity).
Industry experience includes: technology software and services, medical devices, telecommunications, consumer services, travel/tourism, and hospitality.
Inside sales management - business development - sales development - sales operations - sales training - telesales - sales enablement and productivity - customer acquisition - lead generation - channel management - customer service/customer retention - contact center management and operations - quality assurance - project management - CRM deployment and customization - SFA - business process improvement - sales compensation - account management - operational processes and standards - SMB and Enterprise Sales - coaching and mentoring - team development
Certified LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt
TECHNOLOGIES--MS Office, Call Monitoring (VPI, Avaya), CRM: Salesforce.com, Saleslogix, Oracle, Seibel, ACT, SAP, WFM (work force management) and marketing automation applications: Hubspot
ZOLL Medical, Chelmsford, MA 2011- 2014
Manager, Sales Development (North America-All Business Channels)
Recruited to hire, train and manage sales development and sales operations through 9 sales development specialists and administrators.
- Increased business opportunities by 20% per year since 2011in channels for approx. 200 field sales reps. Coordinated with Channel Marketing Managers to design and implement lead generation programs that drove over 700 individual marketing campaigns per year creating 15,000-20,000 leads. Added $75M+ in business revenue.
- Assisted CRM Manager in implementation of automated lead uploading to salesforce.com, eliminating manual data entry. This automation also eliminated the need to hire 4 or more FTEs.
- Created and improved QBR reporting functions for all channels and revised all CRM tools for Sales Development team.
- Created and supervised grant services program for all Direct Sales Channels-web page, grant reference tool, promotional literature and grant writing resources, enabling field sales teams to improve customer receptivity to alternative purchase options.
- Evaluated, selected and implemented call monitoring system to capture inbound and outbound reps’ call activity for improved training and coaching.
- Designed and implemented revised compensation plan for sales development team, focused on individual results and KPI achievement.
- Created SOP for all Sales Development CRM process and best practices.
HEWLETT PACKard Company,Conway,AR 2009-2010
Inside Sales Manager - Emerging Growth Accounts, West Region: Healthcare and Banking
Hired to build and manage team of 8 entry level Inside Sales Representatives responsible for growth of more than 10,000 accounts in vertical markets. Provided sales training, coaching, support and analytical tools (QA, pricing guidance and support, CRM, and product training). As of my departure, team was on target to achieve $35M goal.
- Coordinated inside/outside HP sales teams with contracted ISV and VAR partners to provide software product/service solutions for IT Management teams within enterprise accounts.
Yankee Candle Company, SouthDeerfield,MA 2008-2009
Wholesale Sales Manager, Independent Gift Channel
Managed team of 8 Insides Sales/Customer Service Consultants responsible for managing existing wholesale channel accounts.
- Achieved 105% of FY2008 sales goal of over $30M
- As Certified Trainer for Profiles International--Worldwide Customer-Focused Selling Sales Training Program, led training session for all sales groups, sales support, marketing, management, and related staff members in wholesale division to improve sales and service outcomes under corporate wide initiative.
- Selected as Outsource-Service Manager for third-party firm that provided sales/customer service contact with more than 5000 small accounts, collectively providing $20M in sales. Managed outsource team leader and oversaw all operational aspects of business. Implemented programs and promotions specific to this account base. Acted as YCC contact for training, quality assurance, sales operations, and financial requirements, ensuring outsourced company complied with YCC standards and business objectives.
- Contributed in needs analysis, SOW, application evaluations of vendors, selection and implementation of salesforce.com for Wholesale Sales Division.
Caras Training,Lynnfield,MA 2005-2008
Business Process Consultant, US and Canada
Focused on Customer Care, Sales, and Retention Departments (clients: Vonage, Regis Intl, Peabody Hotel Group). Performed in-depth assessments and recommended changes in systems, processes, and people in order to achieve deadline-driven goals.
- Implemented recommendations in role of Interim Director,Mentorto Young Managers, Supervisors, One-to-One Coach with Front Line Staff, Executive Committee Member, Manager of Outsourced Call Center Programs, Quality Program Developer, and Quality Monitor.
- Results included
- reduction of churn rates to targeted levels with daily achievement of retention goals every day for six-month engagement in two locations
- turnaround of Customer Service Department to handle calls from nearly 10,000 newly acquired stores while reducing staff and costs
- increase in hotel occupancy by 3% with improved profit in each business segment
- increase in corporate/group sales by 20%
Oracle Corporation,Burlington, MA 2004
Sales Manager-Oracle Direct
Led overlay inside sales team of 10 representatives to acquire new business opportunities from existing accounts/territory. Restructured and retrained team to quota producing inside sales representatives.
- Initiated quota goals and pipeline development to achieve $1M revenue goal in final 12 weeks of FY.
American Skiing Company-Killington Resort,Killington,VT 2002-2003
Director of Sales
- Led 100-person seasonal and FTE sales and service team (conference services, group sales, and transient sales) to exceed sales goals of $65M.
- Implemented Management/Team Lead training initiative and onboarding program to cross train FTE and seasonal staff on sales, customer service and product knowledge.
- Developed comprehensive plans for marketing resort to conferences and groups, resulting in 27% increased revenue over previous year.
- Introduced new standards for customer contact that resulted in two Awards of Recognition for Outstanding Customer Service.
Corporate Software & Technology,Norwood,MA 1999-2002
Director of Inside Sales-SMB Division
Recruited by CEO to lead new business initiative. Built 50+ staff Inside Sales Team selling internet sourced business critical software applications and tools, with ISV partners, to small/medium sized businesses.
- Generated immediate revenues of $6M in first year by building customer base that exceeded 500 new businesses with recurring needs and above industry average profits.
- Created customized training and onboarding program for entry level sales representatives to acquire sales skills, product knowledge, customer service acumen.
Director Sales Operations (1999)
Manager/Director of Inside Sales (1997-1999)
- Built Sales Support Infrastructure for enterprise document management software company with restart as web-based application.
- Led selection/implementation/management of CRM, Forecasting, and Back Office System with rollout in less than six months.
- Led team of 12 Inside Sales Account Executives to achieve sales goals each year.
- Created lead generation team of 6 members to develop lead process for new web based product for North American Field Sales Team.
Saga Holidays International,Boston,MA 1994-1996
Senior Manager of Sales and Customer Commitment
- Led team of 5 Managers and 75 Inside Sales Agents to increase Tour-Based Travel revenue from $65M to $85M
- Implemented new hire training program, sales training curriculum and cross training for established reps, utilizing internal resources and external training providers.
- Led sales team in corporate marketing initiative to retool desktop applications with state of the art CTI integration to meet deadline for strategicUSmarketing initiative with rollout in less than 12 weeks.
Data General Corporation,Westborough,MA 1989-1993
Manager, Lead Generation (1989-1993)
Promoted to create, hire and manage 10 person team of Lead Generation Reps for new open systems platform within NA Sales Division. Developed business process systems, database tools for lead generation programs.
Inside Sales Manager, Support Services (1989)
Implemented staff reduction and reorganization of 6 person Inside Sales Team focused on Customer Support Sales. Including User Training, Warranty Renewals, and Technical Services.
Bachelor of Science,UniversityofVermont,Burlington,VT
T R A I N I N G
Miller Heiman July 2013 (refresher, Strategic and Conceptual Selling)
Project Management Training Certification, Quality Productivity Solutions,Marlborough,MA(2010)
Sandler Sales Training, Consultative Selling, Solution Selling
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (2010)
Six Sigma Black Belt (2010)
Profiles International-Customer Focused Selling (2009)
American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP)BostonChapter
Call Center Networking Group (CCNG)
New EnglandContactCenterForum (NECCF)
NorthShoreTechnology Council (NSTC)-member of the Networking Meeting Planning Committee
New EnglandHealthcare Executives Network (NEHEN)
Senior Executive Networking Group (SENG-NE)
WITI (Women in Technology International-Boston Chapter):volunteer on leadership committee for 2014/2015
Marilyn J. Speight
16 Wilshire Lane
Pelham, NH 03076
Objective To obtain a position in which I can utilize my analytical, administrative, technical support,
and interpersonal skills.
Experience Center for Educational Leadership and Technology October 1991 – Dec 2014
Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the day-to-day operations of the corporation.
- Relieve CEO of administrative functions in order to increase the time CEO has available for executive level responsibilities.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential situations and resolve conflicts involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
- Process confidential and time sensitive material.
- Assist Human Resources division with employment offers for staff and consultants, stocks, benefits, etc.
- Review corporate financials with accounting office to include invoices, income projections, payables, etc.
- Manage and/or review CELT Corporation invoicing, receivables, and payables
- Coordinate CEO’s billable time activities and assemble documentation.
- Prepare, edit, and revise CEO’s briefings and coordinate presentations.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar as well as travel and meeting schedules.
- Provide general administrative support for CEO (e-mails, faxes, correspondence, etc.).
- Assist CEO in planning, preparing, conducting, and follow-up from board meetings, quarterly and annual meetings.
- Draft CEO-developed marketing materials for summit and keynote presentations.
- Track and maintain employee attendance records (vacation, sick, holidays).
- Generate, revise, and edit CEO-developed sales proposals and contracts.
- Other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
Merrimack Education Center August 1981 – October 1991 Assistant to the executive director.
Dracut Public Schools September 1980 – August 1981
Worked in the office of the superintendent of schools.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Shorthand
- Maintain good working relationship with clients, staff, and consultants.
- Always willing to be a “team player” and assist others when needed
355 Shagbark Road Taunton, MA 02780
Cell: (774) 218-8281
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY Manchester, NH
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics Expected May 2015
Minor in Finance and Communication
RESEARCH PROJECT: Used Minitab to hypothesize a model for estimating a person’s lifespan by region of origin as a Regression Analysis course project and presented findings to SNHU Community during Research Day
RELATED COURSES: Advanced Public Speaking, Regression Analysis, Applied Statistics, Organizational Communication
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY - Manchester, NH May 2014 – August 2014
Research and Data Analyst Intern
- Gathered, managed, and effectively analyzed large data sets using Microsoft Excel inthe communication of important findings through visually appealing and organized summary write-ups
- Reconstructed the SNHU Merit Scholarship criteria as part of an Institutional Research Initiative
- Developed solutions based on findings which significantly improved productivity throughout multiple offices
- Communicated advanced scientific models and findings in an understandable manner to the many elite university employees including, but not limited to, the Provost, Directors, and team members
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY - Manchester, NH
Penman Tour Guide September 2012-December 2014
- Developed rapport and personalized tours based on prospective student interests and parents during campus visit tours
- Communicated key attributes of University including academics, student engagement opportunities, and services offered
- Supported the achievement of all admissions goals by answering questions and influencing student decisions in a professional, fast-paced, and continuously improving work environment
- Awarded Tour Guide of the Month twice for my willingness to take on and complete multiple tasks at a single time, portraying friendliness around the office and my ability to ask for advice and use constructive criticism to improve
5-WITS - Foxboro, MA
Tour Guide June 2013-August 2013
- Provided interactive walking adventure tours as a cast member in a real-life quest and adventure experience
- Developed rapport and created distance to ensure customers engaged in the full quest experience and were able to solve the challenges and puzzles presented
- Answered questions and resolved conflicts to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
GUESS, INC - Wrentham, MA
Sales Associate March 2011-May 2013
- Promptly greeted customers, identified needs and offered product selections to ensure customer satisfaction
- Merchandised product and store signage and created an appealing and organized shopping experience for guests
- Achieved sales goals by using suggestive selling techniques that included offering additional items, using promotions and offering styling tips to increase average ticket sales
- Managed multiple priorities in a fast paced environment to achieve store merchandising and sales goals
- Answered questions and resolved issues to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
SOMERSET CREAMERY- Somerset, MA
Waiter April 2009-August 2011
- Managed the requests of multiple customers at any given time
- Satisfied the needs of customers with the utmost customer satisfaction to provide each with the best experience possible