Kevin Willett's blog
New England Tutors’ never slow down even in this heat!
We are busy at work preparing are students for a successful 2014-2015 school year. With only 8 weeks to go before the new school year, we hope that your student is reading their required books, doing some math/word games (soduko, scrabble, bananagrams, etc) and exploring the world around them.
It is never too late to start a summer program to fill in some learning gaps, maintain and strengthen skills learned the prior year, or prepare for transition to a new school or grade. Building a great relationship with a tutor now can make all the difference between a successful or painful school year.
Lock in the summer rate that will carry you through the new school year today. $49 hour for any amount of hours is a steal and is going away July 31st. Book a free consult and try a few hours with an exceptional tutor. We know you will sign up for more!
Mention “Friends of Kevin Summer rate” and get an hour FREE with the purchase of 12 or more.
Learn Something New Today!
New England Tutors, LLC
80 Ham Road
Barrington, NH 03825
JULIA K. AGRESTO
3 Strawberry Bank Road, Apt. 22 ∙ Nashua, NH 03062 ∙ (978) 877-7286
Freelance Writer/Consultant, May 2010 – Present
Contribute writing to publications and organizations, including feature articles, press releases and marketing copy.
- Work cooperatively with account managers and community relations representatives to complete projects successfully on deadlines.
Copywriter, February 2014 – June 2014
Southern NH University, Manchester, NH
College of Online & Continuing Education
Wrote copy for marketing materials across online and offline channels, including ads, video scripts and academic view books.
Assisted with research and writing of academic program content for the University’s website.
Wrote program launch ancillary deliverables, including emails, major sheets and press releases.
Served as in-house proofreader, ensuring quality and accuracy of all deliverables.
Writer, May 2012 – December 2013
Rivier University, Nashua, NH
Office of Marketing and Communications
- Wrote copy for recruitment materials, publications, newsletters, public relations and social media.
- Wrote news articles and press releases. Secured media coverage by identifying PR opportunities and pitching stories.
- Managed content for social media channels, increasing engagement and brand awareness.
- Utilized content management system to manage web content. Worked with multiple areas of the University to develop and enhance web presence.
- Wrote feature articles for the University’s magazine, Rivier Today.
- Worked collaboratively with graphic designer and senior staff.
Communications Specialist, June 2010 – May 2012
Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, MA
Communications and Marketing Department
- Served as editor and project manager for monthly internal newsletter. Planned, wrote and edited stories, coordinated submissions and design/production.
- Managed and edited website content using a content management system. Researched information, interviewed physicians and senior staff, planned, organized, and wrote content.
- Wrote feature articles for internal and external publications.
- Served as communications co-lead for website redesign, including content inventory and migration.
- Provided marketing support for clinical departments, including developing and editing ad/brochure copy and web content.
VOLUNTEER WORK & LEADERSHIP
Volunteer/Mentor, October 2013 – Present
Big Brothers Big Sisters, Nashua, NH
Serve as Big Sister and positive role model to a child in the Community-Based Mentoring Program.
Alumni Mentor, May 2013 – May 2014
University of New Hampshire Pathways Program, Durham, NH
Served as mentor for an undergraduate student, assisting with professional growth and development.
Communications Volunteer, December 2011 – November 2013
Charity Cycling Challenge, Bristol, CT
Wrote and edited press releases/media announcements and assisted with development of quarterly newsletter in support of nonprofit group’s fundraising efforts.
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Bachelor of Arts, English/Journalism, Sociology minor, May 2009
Summa cum laude/Presidential Scholar
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society candidate
Editorial Assistant, Office of Editorial and Creative Services
Resident Assistant, Department of Residential Life
Contributing writer/editor, The New Hampshire newspaper
As a Realtor I am always looking for new ways to spread the word about what I do and, in particular, the niche market that I serve (the senior market aka baby boomer generation). There is no better way, no more personal way, than through face to face networking. Being part of Friends of Kevin has helped me to reach more people and tell my story to a wider audience than other networking that I have tried.
Kevin's events are run very differently than others around. Because he makes it a point to know the participants in the room, he also goes out of his way to ensure that people who should meet have that opportunity. As a result it is a win for everyone.
His events have allowed me to not only meet people who are a good fit to help my seniors but also, at times, to help some of the organizations that I am proud to be a part of as well (eg Billerica Lions and the Billerica Health & Wellness Fair).
I am very pleased that I made the decision to be part of Friends of Kevin and wish I had done it much sooner than I did.
Joan Parcewski -- Realtor, Notary/Notary Signing Agent --
Woods Real Estate 655 Boston Rd Unit 6A Billerica MA
cell 978-376-3978 office 978-262-9665 Joan@WoodsRE.com
I have a friend looking for a part time experienced real estate paralegal for their office in the Merrimack Valley. If you are interested please send your resume to Kevin@friendsofkevin.com
MARKETING / SALES / ADVERTISING INTERN
Finish Line PDS is looking for a qualified intern to join our Sales & Marketing/Administrative team. Our small team works closely with the owner of the company to develop marketing strategy and procedures. We are seeking an intern who can participate in various stages of marketing campaigns including social media.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of marketing.
Job Status: Part Time – Flexible Hours
Starting Date: ASAP
Salary: Hourly ‐ $10.00
• Assist in the creation and editing of e-mail campaigns
• Provide support to multiple social media efforts including Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Google + and more
• Assist in the research of local networking events and tradeshows
• Assist in analysis of marketing and sales data
• Prepare presentations using PowerPoint
• Enter notes into contact management systems
• Maintain tracking report of social media and blogging activity
The right candidate will be a student who is majoring in Sales, Marketing or Advertising. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising
Samuel H. Crisci
50 Chestnut Street Lunenburg, Ma 01462
Tel – 617-698-2307
Seeking employment in a career allowing for growth, both personally and within the company.
Volunteer Services, Health Alliance Hospital, Leominster, MA 2011-Present
Scan and enter doctors credentials and confidential data into ECHO database.
Clean and prepare charts for surgery patients
Assist and direct patrons at information desk
Initiate setup of electronic directory information access for volunteer employees
Sub-contractor, WorldAPP, Braintree, MA 2009-Present
Scan survey data into data collection software, and enter survey data into spreadsheet.
Sorting of paper forms from distributed delivery methods (fax, mail, and UPS)
Mass scanning of paper forms using Verity Teleform V9.1
Visual verification of paper forms
Data Entry of text responses in paper forms
Lunenburg High School, Lunenburg MA
High School Diploma
Fluent in Apple iOS, OS X, and Microsoft Windows operating systems
Create documents in Microsoft Office and Apple iWork productivity suites
Answer and direct phone calls while providing quality customer service
Quick learner with excellent recall ability
Available upon request
Adam T. Kuver
23 Sherwood Drive,Haverhill,MA01835
Passionate about innovation, new and emerging technologies. Proven ability to work well in teams and contribute creative ideas to entrepreneurial and established ventures.
Manning School of Business at University of Massachusetts, Lowell Lowell,MA
Master of Science in Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship September 2012-August 2013
Manning School of Business at University of Massachusetts, Lowell Lowell,MA
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration September 2008-May 2012
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Management
Honors: Deans List (Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Spring 2012), cum laude
Pompeu Fabra University Barcelona,Spain
Program for International Students January 2011-May 2011
Concentration: Hispanic Studies
- Finance for Emerging Business Enterprises: developed a comprehensive business plan to start an athletic training facility
- Starting a New Venture: managed a team which delivered a feasibility analysis report for a towing company that focused on preventing driving under the influence of alcohol
SurfSide 5 Bar & Grill, Blue Ocean Music Hall Salisbury,MA
Security Personnel (seasonal position) May 2010-Present
- Ensure safety of customers, staff, property and other assets by maintaining a high visibility presence.
- Exercise best judgment and quick decision-making when dealing with challenging guests to deter illegal and inappropriate actions.
- Build trust with guests to help ensure a repeatable, positive customer experience.
CABEM Technologies, custom software development Newton, MA
New Product Development & Marketing Analyst Intern May 2013-August 2013
- Participated in creation of a business plan for the development of new competency management software.
- Assisted in moving the entrepreneurial venture to the next development stage by verifying and documenting key functional features and capabilities.
- Categorized specific market segments; developed potential market entry strategies.
- Targeted growth strategies by identifying potential strategic partners within identified viable markets.
- Identified distribution and sales channels.
Europackaging, LLC, global packaging manufacturer Salem,NH
Data Analyst/ Quality Control Assistant June 2008-August 2008
- Organized daily production reports from manufacturing facility and accurately transferred critical data to Microsoft Excel-based spreadsheets.
- Filled out and processed purchase orders for different departments throughout the company.
- Conducted quality insurance tests on products produced in the manufacturing facility and inspected them for defects.